Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Need ideas

LO

Post Sat, Dec 20 2014, 10:15 pm
My friend is coming over with her kids (aged 12-2, girls) for a small Chanukah party. My own kids are aged 8 and 2, also girls. We take turns hosting each other every year because neither of us has family here and this way we end up with at least one party to go to. Sad In the past, we have decorated cookies or donuts, but I would love to do something better this year, especially since her oldest girls are getting big (12 and 11) and I don't want them to be bored.

I did scout this site for game ideas, but I would love any other suggestions you have of what we can do with such a mixed-age group. Neither of are kids are very spoiled or expecting much, but I would love some easy ideas or cheap party favors or something to make this a little special.

Thanks in advance!

greenfire

Post Sat, Dec 20 2014, 11:50 pm
musical grab bags

everyone has a present that is wrapped ... then you play chanuka songs with one present going around like a hot potatoe - decide how many rounds gets the person to open it & voila that person gets to keep it & carry on till each kid has a present ...

think of neutral things that would go for every age 2 till 102

youngishbear

Post Sat, Dec 20 2014, 11:57 pm
A standard fun game that's good for all ages is to have a list of categories prepared, divide everyone in two teams, and start lining everyone up according to the number or alphabetical order of the category. For example, in order of height... first letter of first name... birthdays according to calendar... number of buttons on their outfit... the wackier the better. The older ones help put the younger ones where they belong, and the goal is to be the team who's finished lining up first.

LO

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 10:03 am
Great ideas! Keep them coming!

amother

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 11:13 am
Pin the shamash on the menorah

amother

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 11:14 am
Scavenger hunt

youngishbear

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 11:35 am
Ladies, why so shy? Why the amothering on such a low conflict thread??

Scratching Head

LO

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 2:11 pm
I love the idea of the scavenger hunt, but could you give me some ideas what each clue could be? I am so not creative....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics