Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Bigger pots & pans now? Bigger family size.

Kugglegirl

Post Wed, Dec 24 2014, 1:15 am
My family size has B'H' grown & there are 5 children from infant to teens. I am finding that the 6 qt. pot I use for soup or meat sauce makes enough for one meal, where I use to have leftovers for a second meal.

& the 12" frying pan I was making lakes in seemed inefficient for making enough at once so that I could also get to sit down and eat them w. the family. I was thinking I might want to get an electric griddle for pancakes & such.

I am seldom using the 1 qt. sauce pans & wonder if I should just put those in storage or get rid of them?

If you have a bigger family like this, what size pots & pans do you get the most use from? What sizes are just extra clutter & you could do without?

oliveoil

Post Wed, Dec 24 2014, 1:40 am
for frying I recommend using 2 (or even 3) frying pans at once.

seeker

Post Wed, Dec 24 2014, 2:12 am
Get a few bigger pots for when you want to make soup/meatballs/pasta/etc for whole family with or without leftovers.
Keep small saucepans for when you want to make small sauces or reheat smaller portions. If you have a lot of them just keep one dairy and one meaty.
Stick with the 12" frying pans and use 2 at a time. If you do a lot of this kind of thing consider the plug-in griddle; if it's just chanukah latkes then just put up with a hassle once a year.

based on what I've seen in other people's homes, my personal experience is still up to moving UP to the 6-qt pots because my 2-4 qt newlywed sets aren't doing it anymore Smile

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Dec 24 2014, 2:23 am
Check out http://www.webstaurantstore.com They have the BEST prices on large size items, and more kitchen goodies than you could imagine. *drooooool*

bnm

Post Wed, Dec 24 2014, 8:46 pm
I agree about using 2-3 frying pans at once. I HATE frying but when I'm making pancakes or latkes we use 2 at once and we are only 4 people. Save a saucepan or 2 or when your reheating leftovers/making a mushroom sauce. get bigger pots for soup.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen