Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Molding and tile crack repairs- DIY help

amother

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 11:41 am
the house we bought was not maintained well ( and really abused), and I'm trying to do some diy fixing up. Can anyone help me figure out how to do the following:
1) repair moldings around door frames. They are separating from the wall. Do I use nails? Wood glue? New moldings?
2) the wood on the edge of a door is separating from the door itself. Will wood glue work? And what brand is best?
3) loose spindles on stair rails- any way to tighten?
4) this isn't really repair, but I got a new washer ( top loader no agitator). The spin cycle is very fast and strong and I noticed some floor tiles seem to be cracking. Is there something to put under the machine to cushion the floors? I don't want more cracks!

amother

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 12:41 pm
Oh and one last one the tub faucet and surrounding plate fell off and doesn't stay on. I don't see any screws or screw holes. How do I get it to stay on?

amother

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 4:26 pm
Bump

Butterfly

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 7:10 pm
Perhaps it's best you do some Google searching on all those specifics you need help with.

You might also find some helpful tutorials on You Tube as well.

Hope everything gets straightened out easily. Good luck in your new apartment.

greenfire

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 7:40 pm
a lot of people are handy - only they would know how to go about it by themselves

if you cannot seem to find the answers via computer or library - I hate to break it to you - you might not be prepared for a DIY project[s]

amother

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 10:04 pm
Greenie I hoped u had some ideas bec I know ur so handy!
You tube is a good idea thanks!
I need to Diy bec we don't have $ for all the repairs. ( there are so many, I'm trying to do the smaller ones myself and save the bigger ones for professionals.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics