Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Playdate

amother

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 6:44 pm
what do you do during playdate for children preschool aged 4.5 yrs?

amother

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 7:48 pm
My daughter can play "house" for hours. We have a toy kitchen and lots of toy pots and pans, and accessories. I know some little boys who love to play too. We also have tons of "dress up" clothes, shoes, jewelry , purses, that's always a hit, little girls love to play "chasunah". I make them clean up afterwards, that takes up some time too. Sometimes we bake cookies, sometimes I give them crayons and lots of art supplies...

seeker

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 8:02 pm
I have dd show the guest around and then she gives the guest a choice between a few games/activities. When things seem to be fizzling it's snack time. I also make sure to make up with the guest's parents to pick them up after not too long - I've been saying an hour but the kids seem to feel that's too soon, they've just gotten warmed up by then. So maybe a little longer on the future but I don't want to blow it by waiting long enough for things to go sour.

iluvy

Post Thu, Dec 25 2014, 10:25 pm
I open the door.
I let the kids in.
I close the door behind them.

Seriously, I don't see myself as having a major role in the playdate at all. I don't host them in order to make extra work for myself. I break up fights if necessary, but if a kid doesn't play nicely then I don't invite her back. My only major job is reminding them to go to the bathroom: I've found that even perfectly toilet-trained kids forget themselves in the excitement of a new house and new toys.

Most kids stay for two hours.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers