Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Please help me help dd stay dry!

amother

Post Sun, Dec 28 2014, 12:22 pm
Dd 2 yo decided to toilet train ("No more diapers, just underpants"). This is the first girl I am training. She has been getting her underpants/tights/pants wet when she uses the toilet. The urine either shpritzes out or comes out between the seat and the toilet. (Sorry if tmi) She sits directly on the toilet seat with a stool for her feet.
Is this usual? What do we do about this?
Thank you for any help.

blushy

Post Sun, Dec 28 2014, 12:43 pm
Is she sitting far back enough on the toilet? If she is, there should plenty of room for everything to end up in the toilet. Some kids find sitting over that big hole scary 'cause they feel like they'll fall in.(happened to me as a kid lol!) I use a little kiddie seat over the regular one, it also has handles on the two sides so the kids feel extra secure. Or... You can always remove her underpants while she does her business.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 28 2014, 7:39 pm
She is sitting fairly far back - as back as she can. I don't want to go the kiddy seat route if she is okay with a regular one. She has been undressing, but in the winter it is a lot - shoes, pants or tights and underpants, and being 2 yo, she insists on doing it all herself.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics