Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club
Harry Potter Frum Fanfiction: Yehuda (Anthony) Goldstein
  Previous  1  2  3 9  10  11 15  16  17  Next

Rubber Ducky

Post Thu, Nov 26 2015, 11:33 am
Awwwwwwwww, I thought a new chapter was up!

tigerwife

Post Thu, Nov 26 2015, 11:47 am
pickle321 wrote:
I'm rewatching the series. I really want to reread it but the books are at my parents house.

Borrow the books. It's amazing how much better they get each time. JKR really is a fabulous writer. Last time I read them was before I taught lit and now I feel like I have even more of an appreciation of them (or that's just fangeek me:)).

Plus, if you are busy like me and just read a chapter here and there, you'll have what to read for a loooong time!

pickle321

Post Thu, Nov 26 2015, 11:50 am
The problem is I am so busy and don't have time to read. And once I start reading Harry Potter I just can't stop so I end up wasting too much time. Will haveta do it next time I have a break.

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Jan 04 2016, 7:29 pm
Question from the author for people born around 1981 - what were some of your favorite songs/singers as a kid? Bonus points if it's a Purim song.

Thanks!

(Next chapter's being worked on)

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Jan 04 2016, 8:16 pm
Shlock Rock!

For Purim:

tigerwife

Post Mon, Jan 04 2016, 8:22 pm
What about Avrohom Fried and MBD? London Boys Choir? Just make sure to choose songs from '91, not '81 Wink

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Jan 04 2016, 9:56 pm
Another question from the author - does Chabad have any Purim minhagim along the lines of stuffed cabbage?

(Also, if it's possible - my computer's having massive issues starting new threads for some reason. Can a moderator start a separate thread with this question as well? Thanks in advance!)

ETA: got the thread up. the computer behaved!

trixx

Post Mon, Jan 04 2016, 10:58 pm
amother wrote:
Another question from the author - does Chabad have any Purim minhagim along the lines of stuffed cabbage?

(Also, if it's possible - my computer's having massive issues starting new threads for some reason. Can a moderator start a separate thread with this question as well? Thanks in advance!)

I replied on the other thread as well - kreplach

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Jan 18 2016, 12:43 am
9 at 9 on nachum segal last show of the year, has top 9 Jewish songs from the nineties. a great resource for you and a great trip down memory lane!
I enjoy shiru lamelech by Yeedle.

finallyamommy

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 4:17 pm
Really really hoping this gets updated soon!

Confession: I've started outlining a fanfic based on this one - Yehuda won't be a central character, it's based on his children's generation - but in my mind, "Anthony Goldstein" being a frum Jew named Yehuda is now officially canon Smile

Coke Slurpee

Post Sun, May 22 2016, 8:01 pm
Yay!
Chapter 12 is up!

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, May 22 2016, 8:20 pm
Hooray!

Here's a link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1.....stein

cbsp

Post Sun, May 22 2016, 9:20 pm
Yay, thanks so much. I'm enjoying this...

Are there some words missing towards the end of the chapter (5 paragraphs up, the conversation with Flitwick)? One of the sentences seems to end abruptly (and with no punctuation)

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, May 22 2016, 10:04 pm
I was just coming to post a link to the next chapter and I see someone beat me to it!
I informed my sister about the missing half-paragraph. Hope you all enjoy!

imasoftov

Post Fri, Jun 10 2016, 5:41 am
By Yehuda Greenfield
Shared with permission

The Dursleys were a very Poshiter family, shkoyach. They mamash knew nothing of mudiner zachim like kishuf. They, poshit, didn’t hold of such shtusim. Rabbi Dursley learnt in Koilel. He was a shtickel big. I’m tyna’ing he had a shtickel boich. It’s not loshon hora. He also had a long beard. Avada. Mrs. Dursley was a woman, and it’s not tzniyusdik to describe how women look. They had a yingel named Dudley, and they felt that there was mamash no shayner boytchik anywhere in the world.

The Dursleys had mamehsh everything they wanted, Boruch Hashem. However, they also had a secret. Their greatest fear was that someone would chap it. Mr. Dursley had a shvugger that, nebach, went off the Derech. His name was Potter. It would be such a shanda if the oilam would chap that they were related to a bunch of shekatzim like the Potters. The Dursleys knew that the Potters had a son. It was a nebach. He was growing up like a [gentile]. The kid was another reason they wouldn’t have contact with the Potters. They didn’t want him to, chas vesholom, have any hashpa’ah on their tay’hera yingel, Dudley.

Pshat is, Hershel Pinter , or to use his goyischa name Harry Potter, was mamsh a geshamka yid, or rather a geshmaka [gentile]. He had a shtickel scar on his forehead. No, it was not put there by the malach to make him forget his learning. It was put there by a rasha. A rasha by the name of... Forget it, chas vesholom, I can’t say his name. Nu, he was a rasha. That’s mamash all you need to know. I’m gantz maskim to the oilam that calls him you-know-who. Even though it’s a shtickel modernish, and the yeshivisha oilam should call him you-poshit-know-who or something like that. So, lmaaseh, Hershel Pinter, no I’m sorry, Harry potter, was a nice shayne boychik. He was maybe around three years old, pashtus, but he was cute.

Lmaaseh, the Dursleys were a bissel weird. I mean, they had a stickel yichus with the oilam hawizards. Now, kishuf is assur. This is poshit. Halevai there was no kishuf in our days. Unfortunaltely, due to roiv pisha’einu, we have the mechashafim. Now, the modernisha oilam holds of such mechashafim. They tynah it’s not the kishuf of the Toirah because they don’t use sheim avoidah zara. The yeshivisha oilam is grada not maskim. They’re poshit destroying the mesoirah. These mechashafim were mamash non jews, and it’s assur to even talk to them."

"Okay, enough with these non jews. Time to shmooz about the heilega Dursley mishpacha. So, Rabbi Dursley was leaving for koilel. He finished breakfast, pinched his yingel’s cheek b’derech chiba, and got his hat and jacket. He stood by the breakfast table and looked at his wife and his kid.
“Okay, shkoyach for the breakfast,” he said to his wife.

His wife turned away awkwardly. They were still in their first few years of marriage, and they didn’t talk to each other so much.

Mrs. Dursley said something in reply, but we don’t talk about what noshim say.

Rabbi Dursley, lma’aseh, shouldn’t have been talking to his wife so much, L’maaseh, it says in pirkei avos, al tarbeh sicha im ha’isha. I don’t really chap why he was staying to shmooz with her. Wasn’t he makpid on the bittul toirah that he was losing by not going to koilel? Okay, whatever, I’m going to be dan lekaf zechus. Maybe he had reasons. He’s an adam gadol, lemaaseh.

“Okay, Good bye,” Rabbi Dursley said.

Rabbi Dursley wished he could say more than that. He wished he could tell his wife, ‘I love you’.
Oy! Such loshon hora about Mr. Dursley! I don’t know what got into me. Mamash, I’m sorry.
Mrs. Dursley looked up at her husband, and quickly looked away again.

“Bye,” she mumbled.

She too wished this could be something more.

But, like, poshit she wished this. Noshim are emotional, and like the gemara says, da’atan kalos hein.
So, Rabbi Dursley went off to koilel. Rabbi Dursley, baruch hashem, had a chashuva minhag. When he would walk, he would only look down. Because l’maaseh, you know, there’s pritzus and mamesh not good zachin that a yid could see. So, it’s good for a ben toirah, and especially a choshuva koilel yungleit like Rabbi Dursley to be makpid on this. Even though, b’etzem, they lived in Lakewood, and pashtus there isn’t so much pritzus, but still. L’maaseh altz the non jews and the yidden who nebach dress like non jews with their long sheitels and flashy clothes, it’s good that he walks like this.
Rabbi Dursley was walking in his usual mehalech. He was pashtus deep in a sugya of toisafos or something because he suddenly bumped into someone. This was mamash unusual because usually he was able to see their feet, so he would know to turn. He quickly looked up, and he saw an old man in a long purple cloak.

Now, keyaduah, the oilam hawizards, they wear such zachim. I’m not entirely sure why they choose to dress in a goyisha fashion, but this is what they do. I don’t chap these modernisha yidden. Rabbi Dursley, though, baruch hashem didn’t even know of such things, and didn’t chap that this was how the modernisha oilam looked. He thought he was stam a [gentile].

“Anschuldiks, Anschul- I-I- I mean excuse me, sir,” Rabbi Dursley mumbled while still looking down.
“No! No!” The wizened old man said with a bright smile. “It’s good. Baruch hashem! We should rejoice! You-know-who is dead!”

Rabbi Dursley didn’t chap what this gever was tyna’ing. First of all, he didn’t chap who this you-know-who was. I mean, l’maaseh he didn’t know who, so the guy was wrong. That’s first of all. Tzveitach, he didn’t chap why this guy who mamash looked like a [gentile] was saying baruch hashem. He didn’t have a yarmulke or a hat! Okay, he had a baseball cap maybe, but is that how a yid walks? Hiding his yiddishkeit?

Rabbi Dursley wished he could ask the man what he meant, but he didn’t feel comfortable. He walked on instead, trying to forget this incident.

Finally, he reached the koilel, and baruch hashem was able to learn with great iyun v’amel. He only took two coffee breaks. I mean, it’s not bittul toirah, because l’maaseh an adam needs a shtickel break sometimes. Is that mamash me’akev the toirah? No, it’s fine. Okay, maybe a rosh yeshiva won’t take a coffee break, but halevai everyone was a rosh yeshiva.

While in the coffee room right before second seder, Rabbi Dursley heard whispers. He walked over to the bochurim who were hocking in the coffee room. So, you have to chap. There are two gedarim in the oilam that goes to the coffee room. There are the bochurim and yungleit that just go there for a short break, to get a coffee, and then leave. Then there’s the batlanim. They just poshit leave seder and are mevatel and make loitzunis in the coffee room for most of seder. This oilam is mamash not good, and they were schmoozing there. Now, Rabbi Dursley poshit shouldn’t have spoken to this oilam, but he did. I’m not trying to say lashon hora. This is le’toieles.

Rabbi Dursley approached the three talking bochurim nervously. He saw they were abuzz with something important and wondered what it was.

“What? What?” He interrupted them. He said the word ‘what’ in the way that only a yeshiva bochur can. “What’s the oilam tyna’ing?”

“Ah, Rabbi Dursley, shkoyach,” one of the bochurim replied. “’you didn’t hear the hock?”

“What hock?”

“You-poshit-know-who, the rasha merusha, was killed! And he was killed by a baby also! This is mamash a neis.”

“I heard this before, I’m saying. I don’t chap. Who is this person? I never heard of this rasha. I don’t know these things. Is it, uh, politics? I don’t know politics. I’ll leave that to the roshei yeshiva.”
“No, not politics! He’s some rasha in the oilam hakishuf.”

“The oilam hakishuf?!” Rabbi Dursley exclaimed. “Ugh.” He spat. “What shychas me to the oilam hakishuf?”

Rabbi Dursley hoped no one would find out about his modernisha shvugger.

“I hear. I hear.” The bochurim said. “You’re takka tyna’ing shtark. L’maaseh we shouldn’t talk about such zachim. They’re all resha’im l’maaseh and chayiv misah for kishuf.”

They all smiled and felt validated.

Rabbi Dursley went home and spent the rest of his day forgetting this ma’asah and learning b’ameilus."

imasinger

Post Fri, Jun 10 2016, 5:50 am
Snort. Snicker.

I think describing one of the story's villains as a kollel guy is not exactly a kiddush Hashem, but it's pretty funny.

PenguinMom

Post Sun, Dec 11 2016, 2:04 pm
So... any research still needed for the next chapter?

ilovehashem2

Post Wed, Jan 18 2017, 11:25 am
I didnt see the story, but whats the question? uk barmis are all diff, it depends what type of croud youre talking about? doesnt really matter where they live..every type of crowd does diff..

PenguinMom

Post Tue, Jan 24 2017, 2:12 am
The most recent question:

amother wrote:
Question for British/Chabad (specifically college-town Chabad) people who want to help my sister write her story:

Anyone want to give a brief but detailed overview of Purim in Chabad?

Thanks in advance!

I posted a response with some relevant American info on the previous page of this thread, but nobody has given a detailed response for Britain yet.

I just really like this fic, so I want it to continue!

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Feb 19 2017, 4:05 pm
Next chapter is up!
(or rather, the rest of Chapter 12 was posted)

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1.....n#top
Page 10 of 17   Previous  1  2  3 9  10  11 15  16  17  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club