Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club
Harry Potter Frum Fanfiction: Yehuda (Anthony) Goldstein
  Previous  1  2  3 11  12  13 15  16  17  Next

LovesHashem

Post Sun, Nov 26 2017, 3:10 am
OMG YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
SO excited!
I'm SO sick of Mishpacha magazine.
I need fantasy and witchcraft in my life!

imasinger

Post Mon, Dec 18 2017, 5:44 am
Next chapter is up.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1.....stein

Well done!

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Dec 18 2017, 7:26 am
That was fast!!
I'm so excited!

Rubber Ducky

Post Mon, Dec 18 2017, 8:06 am
Nice!

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Dec 18 2017, 3:37 pm
Hi! Author's sister here again.

Book 2 is under development, and my sister has some questions to run by a British Imamother. If anyone has time to volunteer to answer, can you post a reply and I'll PM you?

Thanks!

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 7:44 am
Book 1 Epilogue has been posted!
(Um... happy new year?) Enjoy!

Also, my sister now has a Patreon if anyone's interested in behind-the-scenes action.

cbsp

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 7:59 am
amother wrote:
Book 1 Epilogue has been posted!
(Um... happy new year?) Enjoy!

Also, my sister now has a Patreon if anyone's interested in behind-the-scenes action.

Ooooooohhhhhhh...

I think your sister just blew my mind...

Rubber Ducky

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 9:21 am
Hah, good ending! Looking forward to Book 2.

chaniej

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 1:23 pm
Hey... does your sis have the fan fic written out in any other format? my blocker wont let me open fanfiction.net....

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 1:57 pm
Does this help?
http://fictionhunt.com/read/10847788/1

chaniej

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 2:08 pm
Yup thanks!

imasinger

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 7:23 pm
Ha, excellent ending!

tigerwife

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 11:48 pm
Just caught up on the last few chapters! Loved it! Can't wait for book 2.

seeker

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 2:03 am
I loved the ending! So nice to hear there's a second book coming, hope it comes soon!

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 2:49 pm
What's the ETA of book 2?
I think I should have waited to finish reading the last 2 chapters and epilogue till book 2 comes out I'm very impatient now!

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 10:07 pm
amother wrote:
What's the ETA of book 2?

As per an email from her:
Quote:
I'll post chapter 1 when I finish chapter 2 Smile

chocolate fondue

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 7:37 pm
First, I want to say that I loved this fanfiction. I found it really well written and well thought out, with some beautiful insights into Hogwarts, friendships and little boys' thought processes.

Just one thing really irked me (Though it's not at all the authors fault): Yehuda's address is written as 10 Finchley Road. Golders Green is very Jewish area. So is Temple Fortune, which is right next to Golders Green. Finchley Road is a really, really long road. It starts off somewhere towards central London, runs across Golders Green Road and ends at the far edge of Temple Fortune. Yehuda would not live at 10 Finchley Road. If he wants to live near Rabbi Zeller, who lives on Hallswelle Road (which is in Temple Fortune), he could live on any of the side roads coming off Finchley Road in that area: Bridge Lane, Ashbourne Avenue, Cranbourne Gardens etc. If he wants to be in Golders Green, he could be living in a road closer to Golders Green, like Princes Park Avenue. (Phew, glad I got that off my chest Wink )

Also, schools in England end much later in the summer than in America. Summer holidays are only about 6 weeks long. Hogwarts would probably end 24th or 25th July. (Unless it says otherwise in the books; I haven't read them in a while.

imasinger

Post Thu, Jan 04 2018, 9:08 pm
Chocolate fondue, I hope the OP gets in touch with you, she posted before that her sister was looking for someone to answer questions about Jewish life in London.

imasoftov

Post Tue, Jan 09 2018, 7:02 am
I noticed this exchange, between Yehuda and the Sorting Hat

Quote:
"When I got Sorted, you said you hadn't seen a kippah in a while. Does that mean there were other Jews here before me?"

"Certainly," said the hat calmly. "There have been, on and off, since 1077—well, bit of a gap for a certain three hundred fifty years, and never more than two or three at once, but there always have been. And wouldn't you know, almost every single one has asked that question, and I give every single one that same answer."

"You said the food was kosher—do you tell that to everyone, too?"

"Only the ones who cared to know."

"Why," he said, surprised, "were there some who didn't?"

"Doesn't mean they were any less Jewish than you are, my boy," the hat said pointedly, "only that it wasn't on their minds during the Sorting."

It rather sounds to me like she found herself having the hat tell Yehuda that non-frum Jews are just as Jewish as him but then backed away: they also wanted kosher food but just didn't think about it under the hat.

I also wonder if a child from GG could not know that there are Jews who don't keep kosher. Or maybe he thinks his is the only Jewish magical family and it's impossible that he could have a relative who isn't frum, not having read the author's bio in his Fantastic Beasts textbook. Or maybe his parents never speak about the American cousins so he just thought, oh, another Goldstein, it's a common name.

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Feb 01 2018, 10:08 am
Next chapter is up!
Enjoy!

Also, my sister now has a Patreon if anyone is interested.
Page 12 of 17   Previous  1  2  3 11  12  13 15  16  17  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club