Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Did Dr. Shoner leave Chemed?
1  2  Next

ces

Post Thu, Jan 01 2015, 12:26 am
I noticed his name and photo were missing from Chemed's BP ad this week highlighting their internal medicine department, and seems to be gone from their website as well. Anyone have any idea what the story is?

ces

Post Thu, Jan 01 2015, 8:17 am
bump

rise above

Post Thu, Jan 01 2015, 9:09 am
Yes, as of today he left. He is opening his own practice and will be putting out details shortly...

debsey

Post Thu, Jan 01 2015, 9:53 am
Ever notice how all the good doctors leave Chemed? Dr. Eilenberg, Dr. Koslowitz, and now Dr. Shoner? They hire top people and make all sorts of promises to them. As soon as people start using Chemed because of them, Chemed goes back on their promises, and the good doctors leave.

curlytop

Post Thu, Jan 01 2015, 10:04 am
Debsey, how do you know that

debsey

Post Thu, Jan 01 2015, 10:11 am
From someone who worked there.....It's not a secret. Dr. Shoner helped build the place, people came because they trusted him, once they didn't need him because people were enticed in, they didn't live up to the promises they made him. Ask anyone why Dr. Eilenberg or Dr. Koslowitz left - same exact story.
Moral is, if you actually like your Chemed Dr. and feel they are competent, get ready to say goodbye.

sourstix

Post Mon, Jan 05 2015, 9:46 am
so debsey-where have they gone? I would love to go to one of the ones you mentioned are they taking unitedhealthcare? are they still in lakewood? I am relocating and would love to know this. thank you. and so what are you doing debsey? did you follow any? or just stay with chemed?

sky

Post Mon, Jan 05 2015, 11:25 am
Dr. Eilenberg opened his own practice in Lakewood.

lkwdlady

Post Mon, Jan 05 2015, 11:48 am
well ... I'm currently on hold w/ dr. shanik for 18 min and 22 seconds so far just to make an appointment. That would be one very good reason people switch to chemed.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jan 05 2015, 12:05 pm
lkwdlady wrote:
well ... I'm currently on hold w/ dr. shanik for 18 min and 22 seconds so far just to make an appointment. That would be one very good reason people switch to chemed.

I've walked in without an appt. in emergency situations if I couldn't get thru. If it's not an emergency, I call back later.

ETA: As I've told my kids, every good doctor in Lakewood gets flooded - B"AH the logistics here are just that. Anyone else is not worth seeing.

debsey

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 7:35 pm
sourstix wrote:
so debsey-where have they gone? I would love to go to one of the ones you mentioned are they taking unitedhealthcare? are they still in lakewood? I am relocating and would love to know this. thank you. and so what are you doing debsey? did you follow any? or just stay with chemed?

All opened private practices. None take UHC, you need to be in a clinic like Chemed or a huge practice to take any Family Care plan. It's just a shame because all of them were willing and able to work at Chemed and give people world class treatment for free, but Chemed in their shortsightedness and greediness decided that they'd rather just keep hiring fresh out of school people and pay them less or give them crazy hours, rather than working on retaining the top doctors that people need.
It's sad because it COULD have worked and been so wonderful for so many.
Koslowitz - could have trained in all of their child therapists to do the amazing work she does, she was willing to - but they wasted her.
Dr. Shoner could have remained medical director, keeping all the other doctors on their toes and on top of patient care, but they also broke their promises to him, even though he helped start the place.
Eilenberg MOVED to Lakewood to help Chemed open, as soon as they used him as their draw to sign people up, they got rid of him - he ALSO could have been the head of their pediatric department, keeping standards high.
It's sad - you can get adequate care there, but had they kept their top people, you could have gotten AMAZING care there. I guess salaries for CEOs and their cronies are more important.........

penguin

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 7:38 pm
I thought Dr. Eilenberg moved to Lakewood to retire, but was begged to practice at least part time. I don't think it's too easy to get in to his practice now.

LO

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 8:52 pm
I am so happy to hear Dr. Shoner is opening is own practice in Lakewood. Are you sure? I had been hearing rumors about Boston for a while and I hope that is no the case because I would really miss him. Not that I go too often, but I like to know that he is there....

lkwdlady

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 9:49 pm
debsey wrote:
All opened private practices. None take UHC, you need to be in a clinic like Chemed or a huge practice to take any Family Care plan. It's just a shame because all of them were willing and able to work at Chemed and give people world class treatment for free, but Chemed in their shortsightedness and greediness decided that they'd rather just keep hiring fresh out of school people and pay them less or give them crazy hours, rather than working on retaining the top doctors that people need.
It's sad because it COULD have worked and been so wonderful for so many.
Koslowitz - could have trained in all of their child therapists to do the amazing work she does, she was willing to - but they wasted her.
Dr. Shoner could have remained medical director, keeping all the other doctors on their toes and on top of patient care, but they also broke their promises to him, even though he helped start the place.
Eilenberg MOVED to Lakewood to help Chemed open, as soon as they used him as their draw to sign people up, they got rid of him - he ALSO could have been the head of their pediatric department, keeping standards high.
It's sad - you can get adequate care there, but had they kept their top people, you could have gotten AMAZING care there. I guess salaries for CEOs and their cronies are more important.........

You really seem to know the inside scoop. Do you work there? Have you been a patient?

debsey

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 10:32 pm
lkwdlady wrote:
You really seem to know the inside scoop. Do you work there? Have you been a patient?

I was just SUPER happy when I went there, seeing one of these people - and when that person left, I heard the inside scoop from a friend who works there - I couldn't understand WHY they got rid of that person, and then I found out WHY.......Because Chemed only hired good people in order to entice people to join, and then got rid of them.
I'm back with Dr. Shanik! Once Eilenberg and Koslowitz left, there was no point in staying at Chemed.

allrgymama

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 10:34 pm
I saw dr Schoener over Chanakuh and he told me that as of the end of the month (December) he would be gone.

He has to iron out final details (you know, those pesky things like Malpractice insurance) and then will have some kind of ad out.

Part of his delay is that most of Lakewood is on programs like Americhoice and (to quote him) 'you can't pay your bills with Americhoice'

He does recommend seeing Dr Shana Shoulson at Chemed if necessary (and I've seen her before and it was a very pleasant experience)

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 11:10 pm
Look what happened with dr. Kaplan
He was an ObGyn par none
After Feinberg left he tried to stay in Lakewood but was forcesd to commute to ny

rise above

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 9:53 am
LO wrote:
I am so happy to hear Dr. Shoner is opening is own practice in Lakewood. Are you sure? I had been hearing rumors about Boston for a while and I hope that is no the case because I would really miss him. Not that I go too often, but I like to know that he is there....

He told me straight out that he is leaving end of year (this was early November already!) and opening a practice in Lakewood but it would probably take about 2 months to get it all set up after he is finished with Chemed.

LO

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 11:30 am
I personally worked in Chemed with Dr. Shoner for a while, and I just want to say that we should be careful about spreading rumors about why doctors end up leaving Chemed. Chemed is a wonderful place to work but has its share of politics just like any other office, and I am sure that a lot goes on that we are not aware of. I don't think anyone should badmouth Chemed for "pushing" anyone out unless you were privy to the internal negotiations from the beginning...
Again, I am not saying that the doctors are wrong or Chemed is wrong. However, Chemed IS providing a nice service to the community by having so many specialties available under one roof and we shouldn't damage their reputation with lashon hara for no reason.

kollel wife

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 11:36 am
We are personal friends of the Shoners and Dr Dovid Friedman. I feel this thread definitely has some loshon hora.

If a person needs to know is there a good general doctor/pedicatrician in Chemed then ask, but otherwise discussing the situation can be loshon hora.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics