Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Help me with my yetzer hara

amother

Post Thu, Jan 01 2015, 7:21 pm
Whenever I'm pregnant (now included) I have terrible yetzer hara to watch inappropriate movies. It's so easy nowadays with YouTube. How do I curb my desires?

mamamam

Post Thu, Jan 01 2015, 7:35 pm
Be strong Your neshama will thank you for winning the battle over the Yetzer Hara. We are here for you.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jan 01 2015, 7:39 pm
That is a fascinating symptom. Can you figure out why this happens?

chilax

Post Thu, Jan 01 2015, 8:53 pm
If you have an I-phone I don't blame your yetzer hura. It's pretty easy be a target if access Is at the tip of your finger. I say disable Internet on the phone- and use it on computer when necessary (or to visit imamother!)

zaq

Post Thu, Jan 01 2015, 9:27 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
That is a fascinating symptom. Can you figure out why this happens?

Increased levels of circulating hormones in the blood during pregnancy lead to increased libido. Why this should cause OP to crave graphic movies rather than increased marital activity with her dh is something about which I refuse to speculate.

And since we know nothing about OP, we have no idea what she means by "inappropriate". Depending on her background, that might mean romantic comedies in which the main characters share fervent kisses behind the potted palms at a black-tie dinner.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jan 01 2015, 9:53 pm
Good points, Zaq. I think I'm no longer watching this thread.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 01 2015, 10:34 pm
Op here, that's very interesting zaq. Yes I do crave my hubby more but he's always tired and I feel like I need nightly, not twice weekly... When I don't have him I dream of being with him or , embarrassingly enough, other men, usually from movies I've watched (and I don't watch frequently).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions