Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Car seats in Dodge Grand Caravan 2015

israeli83

Post Sun, Jan 04 2015, 1:44 pm
We're looking into buying a new minivan. But I'm not sure if we could fit two child forward car seats at the back.

How many car seats does the third row holds?

Does it have the latch system on the third row?

thanks.

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Jan 04 2015, 1:50 pm
There is a latch system only in the center seat of the back seat, and it's actually off center, so the car seat will take up the center seat and make the window seat on the driver's side unusable. Not sure if you checked out safety ratings, but that van performed poorly in some of the crash tests.

ETA you can install more than one seat with seatbelts, but there is only one top tether, in the center seat.

israeli83

Post Sun, Jan 04 2015, 5:20 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
There is a latch system only in the center seat of the back seat, and it's actually off center, so the car seat will take up the center seat and make the window seat on the driver's side unusable. Not sure if you checked out safety ratings, but that van performed poorly in some of the crash tests.

ETA you can install more than one seat with seatbelts, but there is only one top tether, in the center seat.

Ok, what about the second row, how many Latch systems on the second?

I did look up the safety. Of course we'd love to have the top mini van competitors, but it's more expensive. Actually, the safety was only poor with one test on the dodge... but we're still searching. We didn't buy a mini van yet, so we're still doing our research.

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Jan 04 2015, 5:34 pm
There are two sets of latch in the second row. Also be aware that there are issues with some boosters not working well in the third row because of the way the belts attach at the ceiling. So if you decide to go with it, keep that in mind when shopping for boosters and try them out in the seat first. FYI the town and country is the same car with the same stats as the grand caravan.

rzab

Post Sun, Jan 04 2015, 8:02 pm
we have a 2011 caravan and I'm not sure if anything has changed but on ours, you can only put one forward facing car seat in the back row and it can only go a little off center so really only one other person can sit in the back.
in the middle row (we have bucket seats) they both can have ff car seats.
Today I actually tried to rearrange things since we are moving one of my kids into a booster and I realized that you cant really have three boosters in the back either.

Overall, we are happy with it, but its def not the best car of you want to carpool.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics