Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Freezers - myth or truth

ching chong

Post Sun, Jan 04 2015, 10:35 pm
I've heard from quite a few people not to put a freezer in the kids bedroom where they sleep because it's not healthy blah blah blah! Is there a truth behind this or it's total belony???

workaholicmama

Post Sun, Jan 04 2015, 10:37 pm
I've also heard abt this. Someone said that electrical appliances give off radiation.. I'm big sure I understood correctly, nor do k know if its true... would love to know from knowledgeable mothers...

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Jan 04 2015, 10:47 pm
I'm confused. Why would anyone put a freezer in a child's bedroom? Scratching Head

seeker

Post Sun, Jan 04 2015, 10:50 pm
Because you don't have space for it anywhere else? I can see that pretty easily... apartment dwellers...

animeme

Post Sun, Jan 04 2015, 10:58 pm
I have no idea. But I do know that if said child is not in a crib he or she can't climb out of, there's a decent chance you'll end up with a lot of defrosted food at some point.

This happened to a friend of mine, whose toddler opened her freezer just enough right before they went on vacation, upon waking from a last minute nap earlier than her parents realized. How would you know they wouldn't do it in the middle of the night?

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Jan 04 2015, 11:03 pm
animeme wrote:
I have no idea. But I do know that if said child is not in a crib he or she can't climb out of, there's a decent chance you'll end up with a lot of defrosted food at some point.

This happened to a friend of mine, whose toddler opened her freezer just enough right before they went on vacation, upon waking from a last minute nap earlier than her parents realized. How would you know they wouldn't do it in the middle of the night?

If a freezer must be placed in a child's room it should be locked at all times.

the world's best mom

Post Sun, Jan 04 2015, 11:27 pm
I've never met a freezer lock that my kids couldn't remove before long.

joy613

Post Sun, Jan 04 2015, 11:32 pm
animeme wrote:

If there's a chance a kid might open it, I'd be less worried about defrosted food than I would be about child getting into the freezer ch''v.

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Jan 04 2015, 11:33 pm
the world's best mom wrote:

You can install a lock that opens with a key. Pretty tough to crack, unless your kids are budding locksmiths Wink

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Jan 04 2015, 11:33 pm
the world's best mom wrote:

Even integrated locks?

shanie5

Post Sun, Jan 04 2015, 11:46 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
You can install a lock that opens with a key. Pretty tough to crack, unless your kids are budding locksmiths Wink

Just be carefully installing it. A friend tried doing that and ended up making a whole in the freon pipe-freezer was worthless after that!

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Jan 04 2015, 11:51 pm
You can buy freezers with integrated locks. They cost a bit more but the peace of mind is worth every penny.

SorGold

Post Mon, Jan 05 2015, 11:18 am
Op is asking about not having a freezer due to health concerns... probably EMFs or something like that. Not because a child will open the freezer

Raisin

Post Mon, Jan 05 2015, 11:40 am
there is no way a child can climb into any of my freezers, they are all front opening and way too small, and have lots of shelves.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics