Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Solving The Chareidi men on planes' problem...
Previous  1  2

tweek

Post Mon, Jan 05 2015, 12:58 pm
marina wrote:
why is basic politeness notable in this context?

Totally true! I just wanted to point out that basic politeness is unfortunately not so basic anymore Sad
Those were the better days of chassidus....... It's just nice to know that it once existed.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Jan 05 2015, 1:00 pm
I'm all for separated seats or even busses/planes if it doesn't mean more wait or "women behind". But there should also be non separated/family for those choosing so.

ruby slippers

Post Mon, Jan 05 2015, 1:30 pm
This might work and maybe tint the bag...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/......html

Sanguine

Post Mon, Jan 05 2015, 10:42 pm
eema1 wrote:
This might work and maybe tint the bag...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/......html
About Kohanim (if people don't link - The clip was about a Kohen who wanted to ride in a plastic bag in case they flew over a cemetery) - I know that Kohanim used to not fly ElAl because ElAl often transports bodies to Israel for burial but then ElAl found a way/heter where the place where bodies are kept (they don't go with the regular luggage, you don't pick them up on the conveyor belt Smile) is double closed or something so they got all their Kohen passengers back

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jan 06 2015, 12:29 am
ally wrote:
It doesn't sound wonderful to me at all. Why would I want to be separated from my husband and look after *OUR* child on my own? I have zero interest in sitting with other women and their babies.
I also have no conundrum about nursing in public. Just because society has decided breasts are purely s-xual, does not mean I have to feel shame about nourishing my child in the way we were created.

Seriously, where is OJ going when Saudi Arabia becomes our role model?

You totally misunderstood me. You would be flying apart from your husband because he wouldn't be going on the trip with you in the first place. I stated earlier that there were already provisions set in place for MIXED GENDER RELATED FAMILY GROUPS, so even if your DH were coming along, you would be sitting with him. On that note, your son, even if he were 40 years old, would be permitted to sit with you in the family section.

I'm happy that you are totally OK with nursing in public. I'm OK with it too, but that doesn't mean that every woman who flies with a nursing infant is happy to be sitting next to a man for the next 9 hours.

It also doesn't mean that every man wants to be sitting next to an infant, nursing or not. If the option of seating preference is given, and it makes everyone happy, then what's wrong with that?

I believe that the strictly segregated areas would mainly be used for "singles who don't want to mingle", married people flying without their spouse, and such.

Of course, now all of this is theoretical, because vintagebknyc pointed out that the original post in this thread was in error. Still, it makes for an interesting discussion.

I could see setting aside one flight a week with these restrictions, for those who feel strongly about it. The rest of the flights could carry on as usual. Then, when the men want to throw a hissy fit, you can just say "Sorry sir, you'll have to rebook on the segregated flight."
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics