Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Making upsherin but ds has very short hair :(

amother

Post Mon, Jan 05 2015, 6:41 pm
Im so sad to cut my ds's hair. Not because its long and beautiful, like most boys, but because he actually does not have a lot of hair at all and its thin too. Im afraid after its cut he will look silly. His upsherin is in two weeks IY'H.

Dh wants to let men cut his hair at the party, but Im afraid the will cut too much, and it doesnt fit in a pony, so we can't monitor it as easily.

Any ideas?

amother

Post Mon, Jan 05 2015, 6:52 pm
One of my brothers did not have a hair on his head till nearly 2.5. There wasn't much to cut by the upsherin, we were joking that we'd have to make his upsherin at his bar mitzvah LOL In any event, they limited the snips. Only my father, my living grandfather, and two uncles took snips. Very small snips, and really just as a ceremonial gesture. BTW, my own son, who had super long hair, also didn't have too many people coming up and snipping because I knew he would freak out if we did that, so we also kept to a limited list even though there was lots to cut. If your son is on the shy side, you can put it that way.

amother

Post Mon, Jan 05 2015, 8:19 pm
amother wrote:
One of my brothers did not have a hair on his head till nearly 2.5. There wasn't much to cut by the upsherin, we were joking that we'd have to make his upsherin at his bar mitzvah LOL In any event, they limited the snips. Only my father, my living grandfather, and two uncles took snips. Very small snips, and really just as a ceremonial gesture. BTW, my own son, who had super long hair, also didn't have too many people coming up and snipping because I knew he would freak out if we did that, so we also kept to a limited list even though there was lots to cut. If your son is on the shy side, you can put it that way.

Is there any other type of grandfather besides a living grandfather that can take snips?

Raisin

Post Tue, Jan 06 2015, 1:18 am
just have a few select people take snips. We also gave my son a bunch of coins and a tzedaka box and he gave each person a coin to put in the pushka. My son also had very little hair(he pulled it out)...it wasn't an issue.

sped

Post Tue, Jan 06 2015, 1:28 am
My friend's son had almost no hair either. They left two small tufts of hair high up on is head so he could feel like he has peyos.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 06 2015, 4:45 am
amother wrote:
Is there any other type of grandfather besides a living grandfather that can take snips?

that was my way of saying, we only had one grandfather at that point Sad

yidishmamma

Post Tue, Jan 13 2015, 8:06 pm
When is ur upsherin? I'm also making Iyh in 2 weeks
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics