Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Chaya Dinah bas Baila Rivkah - Now in CRITICAL CONDITION

with a smile :)

Post Mon, Jan 05 2015, 7:13 pm
My mother-in-law, Dinah bas Baila Rivkah, has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. She is being given a minimum of a 9 month course of treatment, so if you can keep her on your tefillah lists long-term, I would appreciate that. I will update as there is news. Thank you. We should share besuros tovos soon!

Last edited by with a smile :) on Wed, Sep 16 2015, 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dolly Welsh

Post Mon, Jan 05 2015, 7:37 pm
Refuah Shleima.

greenfire

Post Mon, Jan 05 2015, 7:39 pm
refuah shelaima !!!

Scrabble123

Post Mon, Jan 05 2015, 8:25 pm
Refuah Shalaima

amother

Post Tue, Jan 06 2015, 8:15 am
with a smile Smile wrote:
My mother-in-law, Dinah bas Baila Rivkah, has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. She is being given a minimum of a 9 month course of treatment, so if you can keep her on your tefillah lists long-term, I would appreciate that. I will update as there is news. Thank you. We should share besuros tovos soon!

9 month course of treatment? I am curious about this. Was this detected extremely early?
Unfortunately I lost a family member to pancreatic cancer and we were told that once diagnosed, the average life expectancy in only a few months. This is a horrible disease that has no real cure and in most cases is not detectable in the early stages. I feel so sorry for anyone going through this. It's excruciating on the sick individual and all the family members.

Perhaps there are some new treatments that I am not aware of? I really hope so. Just like in the olden days there were no cures for weak hearts and strep throat (people were dying young from those illnesses) but then Hashem allowed us to find a cure! I hope Hashem sends us a cure for this horrible type of cancer (and for all types!) so we do not have to loose any more beloved people.

I will daven that Hashem should send a yeshua bekorov!

amother

Post Tue, Jan 06 2015, 9:50 am
amother wrote:
9 month course of treatment? I am curious about this. Was this detected extremely early?
Unfortunately I lost a family member to pancreatic cancer and we were told that once diagnosed, the average life expectancy in only a few months. This is a horrible disease that has no real cure and in most cases is not detectable in the early stages. I feel so sorry for anyone going through this. It's excruciating on the sick individual and all the family members.

Perhaps there are some new treatments that I am not aware of? I really hope so. Just like in the olden days there were no cures for weak hearts and strep throat (people were dying young from those illnesses) but then Hashem allowed us to find a cure! I hope Hashem sends us a cure for this horrible type of cancer (and for all types!) so we do not have to loose any more beloved people.

I will daven that Hashem should send a yeshua bekorov!

Another amother here. My mother was recently tested for pancreatic cancer and BH she does not have it. Anyways, she went straight to a leading medical doctor in this area, Dr. Lee Rosen of UCLA medical center in LA, CA. There are many different kinds of pancreatic cancers, some of which have longer lifespans and are easily treated. Dr. Lee Rosen specializes in incredible clinical trials even for cancers which otherwise are not responsive to treatments and have low life expediencies (not limited to pancreatic cancer). My grandmother saw him after she was given less than a month to life with metastasized kidney cancer (which does not respond to chemo). She BH lived another 6 years and her quality of life was as good as it could be up until the last few months. Sometimes these clinical trials are considered a last resort, but they are sometimes successful, and of course money and connections are a factor. Remember that Steve Jobs survived for 8 years after being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, and Ralph Steinman is a pancreatic cancer survivor. I'm so sorry for what your family member went through and there should be a refuah shalaima for all those who need it including a refuah shalaima for Dina bas Baila Rivkah!

amother

Post Tue, Jan 06 2015, 10:18 am
amother wrote:
Another amother here. My mother was recently tested for pancreatic cancer and BH she does not have it. Anyways, she went straight to a leading medical doctor in this area, Dr. Lee Rosen of UCLA medical center in LA, CA. There are many different kinds of pancreatic cancers, some of which have longer lifespans and are easily treated. Dr. Lee Rosen specializes in incredible clinical trials even for cancers which otherwise are not responsive to treatments and have low life expediencies (not limited to pancreatic cancer). My grandmother saw him after she was given less than a month to life with metastasized kidney cancer (which does not respond to chemo). She BH lived another 6 years and her quality of life was as good as it could be up until the last few months. Sometimes these clinical trials are considered a last resort, but they are sometimes successful, and of course money and connections are a factor. Remember that Steve Jobs survived for 8 years after being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, and Ralph Steinman is a pancreatic cancer survivor. I'm so sorry for what your family member went through and there should be a refuah shalaima for all those who need it including a refuah shalaima for Dina bas Baila Rivkah!

This is so informative - thank you ! (not OP)

Post Wed, Sep 16 2015, 12:30 pm
I'm sorry I didn't see the responses until now.

My mother-in-law was diagnosed at an early stage, but unfortunately, by the time the surgery was supposed to be done midway through the 9 months, it had already metastasized and was considered inoperable. She went on a different chemo med which also didn't help.

She recently had surgery done by a doctor in Florida who basically burns out each tumor by electrocuting them. I don't know the details exactly. The surgery was a success, and she was doing well, but she since developed a blood clot and had a train of problems (I don't know the details because we are in E"Y and our US phone line stopped working for about a week, while we thought she was doing great.) She is currently in critical condition.

A name has been added - she is now Chaya Dinah bas Baila Rivkah.

Post Wed, Sep 16 2015, 12:32 pm
Thank you to everyone who has been davening for my mother-in-law, Chaya Dina bas Baila Rivka.

We have just been told that she is unconscious and on a respirator and the situation is critical. Please say tehillim and pass on her name to anyone you know who would be willing to say a tefillah or do a mitzvah in her zchus.

(Just posting separately from the above so as not to get it mixed up with the treatment details.)

myself

Post Wed, Sep 16 2015, 12:42 pm
Oh no, wishing her a complete and speedy recovery!

Post Thu, Sep 17 2015, 11:58 am
Thank you so much for your tefillos, they are really making a difference!

B"H, the doctor said that all of her numbers are improving, except for her bilirubin, which he believes is due to a faulty stent that is currently being replaced. She still has a long way to go, so please keep davening.

Post Sat, Sep 19 2015, 1:32 pm
Boruch Dayan HaEmes. She was niftar on Shabbos in the US - the hospital called us in EY to let us know.
Thank you so much for all the tefillos, mitzvos, and messages of support.
Besuros Tovos...

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Sep 19 2015, 1:35 pm
BDE

I am so very sorry for your loss. May her memory be a comfort.

Hug

November

Post Sat, Sep 19 2015, 2:30 pm
Sad
BDE
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed