Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Kosher bakeries in Manchester

amother

Post Tue, Jan 06 2015, 2:00 pm
are all kosher bakeries in Manchester under Manchester beis din hechsher? who has the best pastry and what's good? someone asked me if I want something from there. tia

amother

Post Tue, Jan 06 2015, 2:15 pm
Brackmans bakery is probably the best. But order what you need since the good stuff goes quick! Love their scones, buns, cheese kuchen, cream cakes.

Mh bakery has nice stuff too. I get their bread a lot since it is sold in other shops.

I would say brackmans is more english style, mh more heimish.

I would not get from the other bakeries in town, whose names I cannot remember.

brackmans is Manchester beis din, Mh is (I assume) under Machzeike hadas. (the chariedi hechsher) Everyone I know(chabad people) eats in brackmans, its a good hechsher. But there is another bakery called State Fayre which people do not eat from, even though its also Manchester Beis din, I think because they don't trust the owners.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 06 2015, 2:33 pm
No, not everybody eats in Brackmans, and not all Chabad people either.

Both Brackman's and State Fayre are under the Beth Din, and that is the reason many chareidi people, including many Chabad people do not eat there.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 06 2015, 3:13 pm
All the chabad people I know eat in Brackmans. I didn't know I was so liberal. LOL I don't live in manchester, just visit, however.

If you prefer MH hechsher, Mh bakeries also has nice stuff. I've always been happy with their cakes but nothing springs to mind as much that is really amazing.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 06 2015, 4:00 pm
I know, I always hear from friends that Brackman's is amazing. But honestly, I am Chabad, I live in Manchester, and we don't eat there. Nor do many of my friends/acquaintances, whether Chabad chareidi or just chareidi. Manchester Beth Din is not a chareidi hechsher.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 06 2015, 5:10 pm
amother wrote:
I know, I always hear from friends that Brackman's is amazing. But honestly, I am Chabad, I live in Manchester, and we don't eat there. Nor do many of my friends/acquaintances, whether Chabad chareidi or just chareidi. Manchester Beth Din is not a chareidi hechsher.

hahaha sorry for laughing! I was born in manchester and have lived there for well over 20 years. laughing at the thought that Manchester bet din is not a charedi hechsher! Did you ever meet any of the dayanim on the manchester beth din? they are very charedi btw! It IS a charedi hechsher. The satmar and belz chassidim do not necesarily use it - its all about politics and dates back over 60 years to when manchester bethdin was not as reliable as it is now, but nowadays almost eeryone else in town does. Btw, I grew up chabad, and practically everyone I know eats Brackmans. Not so state fayre, not sure why. If in doubt call manchester beth din.

Brackmans is the best! try thier chocolate eclairs, gingerbread men, jam tarts, baattenburg cake, everything really...

amother

Post Tue, Jan 06 2015, 5:35 pm
My dear, I have lived here in Manchester for far longer than you have. Yes, I personally know some of the dayanim on the Beth Din.
Never mind, I was only trying to make sure the OP was not going to buy Brackman's thinking it was accepted across the board. Enjoy your cakes!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen