Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Which Hand Cream Works For You?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

mother48

Post Tue, Jan 06 2015, 8:50 pm
Not a cream but I've been using Dove Nutrium Winter body wash and it has made a huge difference on my skin. Dry itchy skin has been feeling overall good.

shanie5

Post Tue, Jan 06 2015, 10:37 pm
Renew. Best thing I ever found!

Dolly Welsh

Post Tue, Jan 06 2015, 11:26 pm
Castor oil.

Palmer's Coconut crème.

Vaseline for nails.

Miri7

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 12:01 am
I have crazy bad skin on my hands too. They split and bleed and I find that Aquaphor really does wonders. It is greasy but you can rub it in really well and wipe the excess off on a paper napkin.

Also, my dermatologist told me to stop using soap so my hands don't
touch any soap except when I shampoo my hair. He said washing with water is adequate.

Good luck!

Hatemywig

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 12:55 am
Neutrogena

devash1

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 3:06 am
Aquafor, it is the only one that works for me. It's great for chapped lips as well.

luppamom

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 4:57 am
Grateful2bhere wrote:
Two winters ago I had 9 band-aids on my hands. No joke. Hands felt like sandpaper & touching certain materials like silk was uncomfortable. This winter maybe once I had a crack on my finger? BH the time to post this reply is worth it if it will help someone with this "trivial" yet majorly frustrating problem - especially us women in the kitchen washing hands so much etc.

Here's what's worked for me:

!. Humidifiers going
2. Pure coconut oil - With warmth it liquefies & can be used on Shabbos; my rav said to just keep it where it will stay in liquid form, so I have a piece of foil formed so that it will stay on top of the urn. I use this on Shabbos for my lips too.
3. I'm not sure if this really helped, but I think that it did:
Supplementing Black Currant Seed Oil (or evening primrose oil. Here is a link about if from reputable source. http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/AR......html
4. I use latex gloves often too to avoid extra washing (even in bathroom, ya. - on Shabbos to avoid the freezing cold water hand washing)
Hope this helps!

Thank you! I know what you mean about the sandpaper. I currently have a huge sink full of dishes b/c I can't bare the thought of washing them. I recently bought gloves, but I don't like not feeling the dish. It never gets as clean. Also, thank you everyone for your responses. Looks like there are some new ones to try Smile I like having options, so if one is on sale, I can stock up. (I buy a lot in the US and bring it to Israel.)

Smile1234

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 6:29 am
gold21 wrote:
Neutrogena (Norwegian formula) unscented hand cream

Ditto. And I recently saw it sold it in Israel.

JMM-uc

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 7:08 am
I use NIVEA hand Cream because my hands are extremely sensitive and this is the most gentle. I have night cotton gloves that I wear after I put it on. When I take the gloves off in the morning my skin is amazingly better and so soft!

naomi6

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 7:17 am
AHAVA great love it

JMM-uc

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 7:26 am
If you're not super sensitive like I am,neutrogena concentrated unscented hand cream is really the best. this stuff is amazing! It works after one single use! It's not expensive and comes in smaller tubs too. I recommend the unscented one (with the red top) AMAZING! If you put it on at night and wear cotton gloves on top of that you're hands will be really soft in the morning. It really works.

Dev80

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 7:31 am
Until you get your shipment from america, we just found a dr fishers intensive hand cream (in a tube abt the size that justmemyself posted) for 10 shekels and it's really awesome and not an investment.

The dish gloves will make a huge huge difference, maybe you need a smaller size to feel more comfortable? Or maybe get a more intense sponge to make up for not using your hands? seriously you'll see a huge improvement!!

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 7:54 am
I like Avene's cold cream

JMM-uc

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 8:17 am
Op are you in Israel? You can get gloves at the pharmacy for 10 NIS and I bought the neutrogena cream at super pharm for less than 20 NIS.

Also very important that you dry your hands well after you wash them. Don't air dry them. Dry them WELL on a towel.

Chickpea

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 8:30 am
JustMeMyself wrote:
If you're not super sensitive like I am,neutrogena concentrated unscented hand cream is really the best. this stuff is amazing! It works after one single use! It's not expensive and comes in smaller tubs too. I recommend the unscented one (with the red top) AMAZING! If you put it on at night and wear cotton gloves on top of that you're hands will be really soft in the morning. It really works.

JustMeMyself, I've been following your posts. You are such a nice, caring person.

JMM-uc

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 8:50 am
Chickpea wrote:
JustMeMyself, I've been following your posts. You are such a nice, caring person.

Thank you, that was such a nice thing to say Smile

working hard

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 11:07 am
I found aveeno was the only brand the absorbed completely and did not get sticky or greasy when I washed my hands to got them wet later. That is why I like it so much

raich

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 11:10 am
Hands down (no pun intended) the Neutrogena Norwegian Formula hand cream works the best. The only downside is that it's quite thick and greasy. Best for nighttime use.

The other cream I love is Vaseline Intensive Rescue (or Intensive Care) hand cream. It goes on thick but sinks into your skin fast and leaves no residue. It's great for daytime use.

Refuah shelaima! Chapped hands are no picnic...

lkwdlady

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 1:45 pm
naomi6 wrote:
AHAVA great love it

I can't believe only one person posted this. I have tried almost all the products listed and Ahava hand cream is miraculous. It works better than anything else I ever used. It's a little expensive, but oh so worth it.

ruchelbuckle

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 1:51 pm
Barbara wrote:

L'Occitane Shea Butter. I confess, its even better than Carmex, but too expensive given how much I use.

This. Is. The. Best.

but yeah, way too pricey!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars