Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Downtown Brooklyn restaurants for lunch

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 1:16 pm
I'm looking for a good restaurant to have lunch in downtown Brooklyn next week. Either dairy or even a great vegan place.
Any recommendations? TIA!

nicole81

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 4:54 pm
Unfortunately there are no kosher restaurants in downtown Brooklyn Sad There is a small walk-in place on Court St. where you can pick up a quick bite (dairy or pareve Pomegranate takeout) and they also sell soup and kugel as well.

Bruria

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 7:11 pm
There is a place called Shuk that has falafel and also hamburgers near Court and Smith.

nicole81

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 7:13 pm
Bruria wrote:
There is a place called Shuk that has falafel and also hamburgers near Court and Smith.

It closed in July. My office is next door and it was a sad, sad day for me.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 7:40 pm
nicole81 wrote:
Unfortunately there are no kosher restaurants in downtown Brooklyn Sad There is a small walk-in place on Court St. where you can pick up a quick bite (dairy or pareve Pomegranate takeout) and they also sell soup and kugel as well.
Thanks, I appreciate the info, even though I am quite sad to hear this.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 7:42 pm
nicole81 wrote:
What about those two vegan places, Vegetarian Ginger on Montague Street and Wild Ginger on Smith Street?

Bruria

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 8:04 pm
nicole81 wrote:

Really? Awwww!!!

yogabird

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 8:47 pm
Pardes is Fleishig, but I think they have a pretty decent salad/soup/fish/vegetables/dessert menu.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 8:50 pm
yogabird wrote:
Pardes is Fleishig, but I think they have a pretty decent salad/soup/fish/vegetables/dessert menu.
Thanks, but they only open at 5:00pm.

nicole81

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 8:56 pm
ra_mom wrote:
What about those two vegan places, Vegetarian Ginger on Montague Street and Wild Ginger on Smith Street?

Oh, I suppose I spoke too soon when I said there are no kosher places... I didn't even know about those, as I don't hold by their hashgachos. And yup, Pardes doesn't serve lunch. Too bad, too.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 10:43 pm
nicole81 wrote:
Oh, I suppose I spoke too soon when I said there are no kosher places... I didn't even know about those, as I don't hold by their hashgachos. And yup, Pardes doesn't serve lunch. Too bad, too.
Thanks for the info. I will look into their hashgachos.
I guess you don't know if they are nice eateries?

bnm

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 4:08 am
nicole81 wrote:
I didn't know that. I was there a few months ago. I would have stopped in to say hi Smile

Barclay Center has 2 kosher stands. I wonder if its open to the public.

yogabird

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 10:36 am
bnm wrote:
I didn't know that. I was there a few months ago. I would have stopped in to say hi Smile

Barclay Center has 2 kosher stands. I wonder if its open to the public.

AFAIK, they only open in the evenings/when there's an event going on. They pretty much only sell commercial potato knishes and pastrami sandwiches. Not much of a selection there...

bnm

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 10:38 am
In the kosher restaurant group on Facebook they where posting pix of salads and sandwiches, guacamole and some other stuff. Abigails has a stand there too.

Coldstone Creamery in the mall has a hechsher but is Cholov Stam. I usually take along sandwiches when I'm in the neighborhood and supplement with drinks and stuff from Target
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries