Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Vien girls school - monsey
1  2  Next

baby boy

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 12:24 pm
I heard that vien is opening a girls school next year. Does anybody know more information about it? I'm thinking of applying. Any info would be great.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 12:44 pm
baby boy wrote:
I heard that vien is opening a girls school next year. Does anybody know more information about it? I'm thinking of applying. Any info would be great.

I also heard that they were opening a school, but you're applying late! The classes may already be pull and I doubt that they will open with a few parallels! I would recommend calling the boy's cheder and asking them if they have an information and getting in contact with the school ASAP.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 1:04 pm
I would also love to hear more about it. Does anyone know what type of patent body they have ( or are accepting). Is it like the boys or more chassidish?

Blessing1

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 1:06 pm
I called the chaider & they said there's no number for the school yet & they are not sending out applications yet.
They told me to look out for another add in the paper.

baby boy

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 5:01 am
Thanks for the info bleasing1.
Does anyone know the parent body over there? Can mothers drive? It's my 1st time apply to a school. What do they expect of the mothers etc. Any info of a mother sending to vien cheider would be appreciated.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 5:05 am
No, the school won't be like the Cheider because the Cheider is changing to chassidish. I heard they won't allow driving and bla bla bla. Gotta be like all schools...

Scrabble123

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 7:01 am
amother wrote:
No, the school won't be like the Cheider because the Cheider is changing to chassidish. I heard they won't allow driving and bla bla bla. Gotta be like all schools...

That's a great way to make a statement without any facts to back it up. Just because you FEEL one way does not mean it is the FACTUAL TRUTH!!!!!!!!!

The viene cheder is moving more towards the right, but banning driving is not something you are going to see now or in the next few years. They have many students who are not even Chassidish, and a load of driving Heimish and Chassidishe mothers as well. I do not know what the school will be like, but to make comments based on your frustration with the mosod or misinterpretation of gossip is unacceptable.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 7:11 am
My sister sends to vien cheder. She's chasidish and drives

Blessing1

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 7:23 am
They say the school won't be as modern as the Cheider.
My uncle is on the Vaad & he said they will allow the mothers to drive

amother

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 8:31 am
Blessing1 wrote:
They say the school won't be as modern as the Cheider.
My uncle is on the Vaad & he said they will allow the mothers to drive

How is the chaider modern? What differences? Please explain

amother

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 9:40 am
Does anyone think it's going to be school like bnos derech yisroel?

Maya

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 4:15 pm
Excellent, because Monsey is in dire need of another Chassidish girls school that will be exclusive and elitist Rolling Eyes

amother

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 4:19 pm
Does anyone know what age/grades the girls school will be having next year?

amother

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 4:37 pm
Scrabble123 wrote:
That's a great way to make a statement without any facts to back it up. Just because you FEEL one way does not mean it is the FACTUAL TRUTH!!!!!!!!!

The viene cheder is moving more towards the right, but banning driving is not something you are going to see now or in the next few years. They have many students who are not even Chassidish, and a load of driving Heimish and Chassidishe mothers as well. I do not know what the school will be like, but to make comments based on your frustration with the mosod or misinterpretation of gossip is unacceptable.

Scrabble, I am not frustrated with the Cheider and because I am stating what I heard doesn't mean I misinterpreted gossip. I spoke to someone who spoke to a member of the Vaad's wife and she told me that the Ruv won't let driving. And of course the parent body in the Cheider is allowed to drive, but I did hear that new parents won't be allowed. If you know otherwise, fine. Personally, I don't feel driving is something that defines people. I don't see how a child whose mother drives has a bad hashpuah on other kids.

Maya

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 4:43 pm
amother wrote:
Scrabble, I am not frustrated with the Cheider and because I am stating what I heard doesn't mean I misinterpreted gossip. I spoke to someone who spoke to a member of the Vaad's wife and she told me that the Ruv won't let driving. And of course the parent body in the Cheider is allowed to drive, but I did hear that new parents won't be allowed. If you know otherwise, fine. Personally, I don't feel driving is something that defines people. I don't see how a child whose mother drives has a bad hashpuah on other kids.

It's just a way to control people, and to weed out those who may end up being a "threat" to the "purity" of the school.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 4:52 pm
Maya, I know I know. Sigh...

I don't see the schools that allow driving are not "pure". Others somehow see something that I don't. Or, rather I see what they don't...

amother

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 7:54 pm
I also called, no applications for students yet, no information on staff or place.
Take it for whichever way you want, the whole takeover of the new vaad and replacing Menahel was for one reason, to make Vien Cheider for a chasidishe cheider, of course it's not happening over night, they are not throwing out the mothers who drive but gradual they will try to turn to the right, the old Vien Cheider we all know about as a neutral Cheider sadly went out the window together with the old Menahel. This is not gossip, this is how the viener yungerleit wants there kehileh & mosdos to look.

mom22qts

Post Wed, Jul 01 2015, 9:42 am
Hi! I was wondering if anyone had any contact information for them.

Thanks!

amother
Azure

Post Sat, Jul 11 2015, 11:16 pm
My friend sends her son to vien Cheder but they don't want to accept her daughter to their school. I heard they want the school to be more frum and eventually they want to frum the Cheder too.

amother
Azure

Post Sat, Jul 11 2015, 11:16 pm
My friend sends her son to vien Cheder but they don't want to accept her daughter to their school. I heard they want the school to be more frum and eventually they want to frum the Cheder too.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics