Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Would you buy a refurbished ipad

ludicrous

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 2:06 pm
would you buy a refurbished ipad? I also heard good things about the Samsung tablet, as it is cheaper than a new ipad. I want something not so heavy in my purse, and something easy to use and navigate, which is something I appreciate about apple products. does anyone know what refurbished actually means and what it implies?
thanks!

rockingbells

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 2:36 pm
You could Google what exactly refurbished is, but my understanding is that the item was sent back to the manufacturer and whatever problem it may have had, if any, has been fixed. I bought three refurbished iPad minis as gifts for family and they have all been really enjoying them with no problem. I recommend trying whatever you want to purchase first. I owned a galaxy tab (probably an older one by now) and the video streaming was not so good so I sent it back.

youngishbear

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 3:06 pm
You may not have any warranty coverage on refurbished items. Check the fine print.

doctorima

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 4:06 pm
It depends who refurbished it, and what kind of warranty they're offering (if any). Manufacturer refurbished is always the best. That would mean Apple themselves did it, though I don't know if that's an option with ipads. Assuming someone else did it, I certainly wouldn't buy it without a warranty, and the longer it is, the better. Also make sure to buy it on an AmEx credit card in case there's problems and you need to dispute the charge.

mha3484

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 4:09 pm
I bought one from apple a few years ago. It was the only way it was afford for me. It works very well and I would do it again.

rae gi

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 7:06 am
I just bought a refurbished iPad2 (2011) from Apple for $249 (free shipping), comes with 1 year warranty. It arrived in brand new condition complete with manual and new charger. I am very happy with it. I believe the best way to buy refurbished is direct from manufacturer.

Scrabble123

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 7:54 am
Apple has excellent refurbished products. They come with a standard warranty and you are able to purchase apple care with them for an additional cost.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics