Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Need to move
1  2  Next

amother

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 8:52 am
I have a chronic illness that is exacerbated with humidity and very high heat. We are also not doing well financially where we live so I have begun to think about relocating.

We are yeshivish but open minded. Any ideas of a community where we might fit in?

Peanut2

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 8:57 am
NY area? OOT? Super OOT? Any other parameters?

Rubber Ducky

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 9:01 am
How about Denver? I don't know much about the community except that there is one, and the climate sounds right.

A few of the west coast communities might work for you too: San Diego, La Jolla, or San Jose, CA. But California is an expensive place to live.

mommygmer

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 9:11 am
How open minded are you. We live upstate NY in the Catskill mountains near all the bunglo collinies Because the school was really accommodating with tuition. the rent here is really reasonable. Back to the school it is the most amazing school you will find anywhere. The principle is like a father to all the kids he serves lunch every day. They kids can go to him whenever they want he still has a tight handle on everything. Its nice and small so all the kids know each other My kids are so happy.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 9:19 am
Rubber Ducky wrote:
How about Denver? I don't know much about the community except that there is one, and the climate sounds right.

A few of the west coast communities might work for you too: San Diego, La Jolla, or San Jose, CA. But California is an expensive place to live.

San Jose gets extremely hot in the summer. The Bay Area in general is not for anyone looking to cut down on expenses.

L25

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 9:25 am
what about the midwest- it's colder and cheaper there?

amother

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 9:26 am
OP here. To mommygmer is your neighborhood super yeshivish? I don't think we would be happy from what we have heard in the past.

Oot and even super oot would be considered if all our parameters can be met.

mommygmer

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 9:27 am
Not were I live. Not at all.

mommygmer

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 9:28 am
whats oot

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 9:51 am
Midwest gets hot and humid in the winter. La Jolla isn't cheap but it's my husband's dream to live there for the climate Wink

Move to Canada maybe? Tongue Out

shoshana11

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 10:33 am
Denver has a nice size community and the climate is awesome, it's super dry and sunny most of the year. PM me if you want details.

doctorima

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 10:42 am
In addition to Denver, you should look into Toronto and Seattle (not so yeshivish though).

ruchelbuckle

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 10:43 am
agreed, that Denver sounds like it might be the best climate for you. Don't know about cost of living there, though-- sounds like other people might be better able to help you with that. hatzlacha!

amother

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 12:25 pm
OP here. Thanks for all the responses.

Denver sounds great, however high altitudes are also an issue for me.

Any other suggestions?

ruchelbuckle

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 12:29 pm
Toronto is expensive.

Portland Oregon?
Minneapolis?-- can't imagine that the summers get too hot there. Don't know about humidity.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 12:35 pm
mommygmer wrote:
How open minded are you. We live upstate NY in the Catskill mountains near all the bunglo collinies Because the school was really accommodating with tuition. the rent here is really reasonable. Back to the school it is the most amazing school you will find anywhere. The principle is like a father to all the kids he serves lunch every day. They kids can go to him whenever they want he still has a tight handle on everything. Its nice and small so all the kids know each other My kids are so happy.

what city?

amother

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 12:36 pm
Maybe Toronto, some areas are more yeshivish than others, it's a big mix there. Winters are freezing, but the summers can get quite hot too, although that's just a couple months out of the whole year. It's also not cheap to live there, not at all, but you get free healthcare.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 1:07 pm
Toronto is not all that better than the tri-state area except for freezing winters.

abby1776

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 1:09 pm
Alaska? Honestly I can't think of place with a jewish community that doesnt get extremely hot in the summer.

maybe pick a place and stay in doors in the summer?

Iymnok

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 1:19 pm
abby1776 wrote:
Alaska? Honestly I can't think of place with a jewish community that doesnt get extremely hot in the summer.

maybe pick a place and stay in doors in the summer?

Vancouver B.C.
Seattle WA
Portland OR
These all have similar climates, summers of 70°, winters of 40's, 50's. It dips below freezing for a couple days and his the 90's for a couple days. But it is rainy. I believe it is a temperate rainforest area. Gorgeous scenery.

Last edited by Iymnok on Thu, Jan 08 2015, 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating