Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Attention All - Tooth Related Post!
1  2  Next

Will I survive my dental visit?
Not a chance!  
 8%  [ 1 ]
Nope!  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Don't count on it!  
 0%  [ 0 ]
Better get your affairs in order.  
 25%  [ 3 ]
ALL OF THE ABOVE  
 66%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 12

MrsDash

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 4:29 pm
My tooth hurts like the dickens. "Emergency" appointment isn't until Monday. That is all. Crying Crying

I'm officially a rabid anti-dentite! Shooting Arrow

Last edited by MrsDash on Thu, Jan 08 2015, 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Scrabble123

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 5:14 pm
Refuah shalaima! Monday? That is unacceptable. Take two/three Advil and1 Tylenol it's great for the mouth and if you're still in pain tomorrow call and ask them to fit you in. Dentists should be equipped to deal with emergencies...

MrsDash

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 5:31 pm
Thanks! These are the "perks" of having a DMO. I can't even go to someone else, because I have to go on a roster first, and then wait until I get new dental cards, etc. Apparently, the office had to close for much of December, so they had to reschedule all the regular appointments, which means they are booked solid. Still ridiculous if you ask me. I happen to have pain killers leftover from hand surgery, without them, I'd be on the floor. Even those meds don't take away all the pain, it just takes the edge off so I can function. At wits end

The Happy Wife

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 7:25 pm
I don't know what a DMO or a roster are but I sure hope you feel better soon!

bluebird

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 7:44 pm
I went through this just recently! I recommend Orajel to numb up the trouble spots.

abs

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 7:47 pm
schnapps!

blushy

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 7:58 pm
Ouch! There's no other dentist you can see earlier? Feel better!

buzz

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 9:57 pm
I have lived through two weeks of hell tooth pain.

I took a combo of 5 painkillers every 3 hrs and that hardly helped. It was a botched root canal that almost got my tooth pulled, actually I almost yanked it out myself, my whole lower jaw infected. The pain was immeasurable.

You will survive but start those painkillers, and get onto a gp and perhaps some antibiotics if the gum is infected.

nurofen zavance or voltarin together with panadol really works.

Good Luck!

shanie5

Post Thu, Jan 08 2015, 10:20 pm
Putting a clove (the spice) by the tooth that hurts helps the pain too. I walked around for a few days with a bag of cloves in my pocket and would replace every so often. Really helps.

sky

Post Fri, Jan 09 2015, 12:34 pm
I once had unbearable pain from a needed root canal from Friday afternoon to Sunday afternoon when the dentist saw me for an emergency root canal. The pain was unbearable. I could not sleep or do anything or function I was a mess. I took tons of pain killers. Tried garlic. Whiskey. Anything to numb the pain. Very Ice cold drinks helped a ton, slurpee type ice was the best.
My GP prescribed me Vitacin for the pain, but b'h my dentist was able to come in and SAVE me.

Good luck. I hope for your sake you can find someone earlier.

greenfire

Post Fri, Jan 09 2015, 12:45 pm
a tooth ache can lead to swollen lymph nodes in your neck if it travels ... be careful as this is a dangerous sign & you might need an emergency room

raw garlic if you chew on it helps ... keep flossing to keep mouth as clean as possible - using listerine as well ...

hope something helps ease the pain -

tooth pain is pretty unbearable ~ btdt

smilingmom

Post Fri, Jan 09 2015, 2:52 pm
Take some cloves, a bit of raw ginger, and cinnamon stick. Steep in two cups water for ten minutes. Drain through coffee filter. Take cotton ball soaked in solution and put over tooth.
If you live on Kensington, PM me and I will give you some.

MrsDash

Post Mon, Jan 12 2015, 3:34 pm
Thank you all for the great suggestions and well wishes! I went to the dentist today, and confirmed that I do in fact need a root canal Sad I'm in the process of making an appointment with an endodontist. Wish me luck! Mr. Green

sweetpotato

Post Mon, Jan 12 2015, 3:37 pm
Are you on antibiotics till then? Any relief? Hatzlacha with the root canal. I had an emergency root canal last year from an infected tooth and it was a walk in the park compared to the pain of the untreated infected tooth. That pain was worse than labor. Refua sheleima!

MrsDash

Post Mon, Jan 12 2015, 3:42 pm
They put me on amox, and gave me pain meds. I was so nervous about my appointment today that when they took my blood pressure and pulse, my pulse was 120! shock

Dolly Welsh

Post Mon, Jan 12 2015, 3:44 pm
Dentists are wonderful, lovely, good, dear people. Just ask for the gel that numbs the gums. It solves all problems. You feel nothing.

Hugs.

Dolly Welsh

Post Mon, Jan 12 2015, 3:45 pm
Ask for lots of lidocaine.

Hugs.

greenfire

Post Mon, Jan 12 2015, 4:02 pm
feel better ...

MrsDash

Post Mon, Jan 12 2015, 4:41 pm
Thanks! Got an appointment with an endodontist for next week. Pale

Scrabble123