Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Complimentary or reas. kitchen layout consult in Bklyn/NYC?

amother

Post Fri, Jan 09 2015, 1:48 am
Which kitchen places in Bklyn/NYC do low cost or complimentary layout consultations?

Are the Home Depot places worthwhile?

Anyone had a good experience with a specific person in Bklyn/NYC, and was advised well?

Thanks.

amother

Post Fri, Jan 09 2015, 9:20 am
When I posted this, everyone in NY was sleeping. ; - /

amother

Post Fri, Jan 09 2015, 9:35 am
I wasn't sleeping. I don't think free kitchen designs are worth the price you pay. I never used home depot, but my husband is a contractor and he says their stuff is junk. I used Rachel Gross from Dynamic and I am satisfied. More important my husband is happy.

amother

Post Fri, Jan 09 2015, 9:41 am
amother wrote:
I wasn't sleeping. I don't think free kitchen designs are worth the price you pay. I never used home depot, but my husband is a contractor and he says their stuff is junk. I used Rachel Gross from Dynamic and I am satisfied. More important my husband is happy.

I wouldnt buy the kitchen from Home Depot, I just want some others' free or reasonable opinions on how to layout the kitchen, besides the person who Ill probably place the order with.

Does Rachel Gross from Dynamic advise on layouts if you dont buy the kitchen there (before you sign the contract)? If yes, where are they located?

amother

Post Fri, Jan 09 2015, 10:37 am
amother wrote:
I wouldnt buy the kitchen from Home Depot, I just want some others' free or reasonable opinions on how to layout the kitchen, besides the person who Ill probably place the order with.

Does Rachel Gross from Dynamic advise on layouts if you dont buy the kitchen there (before you sign the contract)? If yes, where are they located?

She has a charge for a formal layout. It is waived if you buy the kitchen from her. We paid for the layout. We then took her design to other kitchen places including several at the Architect and Design Building. The designers modified it without charge because they saw we were serious customers. We ended up buying the kitchen from her because she was the best priced for what we wanted. Most of the designers were in awe of what she worked up for us so I gladly paid the fee for the her design. It gave me confidence that they all felt her design was excellent. As I said, my husband is a builder and he knows quality.

My kitchen is to be entered in a contest. It is amazing enough to be in the cover of a design magazine. My architect walked into my house and his jaw dropped literally. He was starring open mouthed at what was done. Rachel Gross came up with several ideas for modifying the adjacent space and transitioning the kitchen into the home which are unique and are real slow stoppers. I feel like I live in a palace.

Her fee was well worth it and was modest. I have recommended her to people of every price range.

amother

Post Fri, Jan 09 2015, 11:05 am
Home Depot designer was not aware of a kosher kitchen and found it very odd when I said I need to have 2 sinks and 2 ovens. Basically was worthless.
weissman on Mcdonald ave does layout and some of the people there are pretty good. I don't think they charge for the layout itself.

Barbara

Post Fri, Jan 09 2015, 11:51 am
amother wrote:

Please consult with your LOR before using complimentary design services from a person or organization to whom you do not intend to give business. My Rav holds that it is contrary to halacha.

amother

Post Fri, Jan 09 2015, 1:03 pm
Barbara wrote:
Please consult with your LOR before using complimentary design services from a person or organization to whom you do not intend to give business. My Rav holds that it is contrary to halacha.

Makes sense, but not needed at this point ; - /

Bec if I like what I hear and see, as long as the order wasnt placed, Im free to do as I please.

amother

Post Fri, Jan 09 2015, 1:04 pm
amother wrote:
She has a charge for a formal layout. It is waived if you buy the kitchen from her. We paid for the layout. We then took her design to other kitchen places including several at the Architect and Design Building. The designers modified it without charge because they saw we were serious customers. We ended up buying the kitchen from her because she was the best priced for what we wanted. Most of the designers were in awe of what she worked up for us so I gladly paid the fee for the her design. It gave me confidence that they all felt her design was excellent. As I said, my husband is a builder and he knows quality.

My kitchen is to be entered in a contest. It is amazing enough to be in the cover of a design magazine. My architect walked into my house and his jaw dropped literally. He was starring open mouthed at what was done. Rachel Gross came up with several ideas for modifying the adjacent space and transitioning the kitchen into the home which are unique and are real slow stoppers. I feel like I live in a palace.

Her fee was well worth it and was modest. I have recommended her to people of every price range.

Where is Rachel Gross located, and what does she charge for her service? (your anonymous)

abcd123

Post Fri, Jan 09 2015, 1:14 pm
To the amother who's kitchen will be featured in a magazine, do you mind posting a pic here? I'm so interested to see as I will also be putting in a new kitchen in the near future. Actually changing the whole layout of my first floor including moving the kitchen to the opposite end of the house so I could use some great advice on layout and integrating it into the space where it is not currently. Thanks!

Last edited by abcd123 on Fri, Jan 09 2015, 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother

Post Fri, Jan 09 2015, 1:45 pm
I'd love to see that kitchen too!
I just did a kitchen and am still so much into that mode!

amother

Post Sat, Jan 10 2015, 9:21 pm
amother wrote:
I'd love to see that kitchen too!
I just did a kitchen and am still so much into that mode!

OP here. Id love to see pics of any recently done kitchens that anyone here is willing to post. It would be a valuable learning tool. TIA

saw50st8

Post Sat, Jan 10 2015, 10:46 pm
go to ths.gardenweb.com - if you post dimensions and layout of your current kitchen, people will help you come up with a good layout. It's free :-)

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Jan 11 2015, 11:14 am
Its also worth checking out all of kitchens on houzz.com. I'm building a new house and the photos on houzz.com have been very helpful to me in figuring out what I want.

amother

Post Sun, Jan 11 2015, 12:52 pm
saw50st8 wrote:
go to ths.gardenweb.com - if you post dimensions and layout of your current kitchen, people will help you come up with a good layout. It's free :-)

OP here. Thanks I never heard of that! Its great, Im really enjoying it!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics