Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Anyone have a cheaper smartphone they can recommend?
1  2  Next

amother

Post Fri, Jan 09 2015, 11:48 am
Hi,

Yes I'm quite late to the smartphone game...

I am looking for info on any of the cheaper models..I really want an iphone 6 or 5s even. but can't afford that so I've been looking online at all other options. Problem is that each of those phones have some ok reviews.. (for example: "this is a good phone for the price..") and some terrible reviews ("this phone shuts down every time I put it down...or " the screen resolution is horrible..", "battery keeps dying after 4 hours"...etc)

I don't need the best but I can't handle a terrible phone whose battery dies and the pictures are not clear. Do you know what I mean.?

So does anyone have a not top of the line phone that could recommend it? I can't remember all I've seen but there was LG, moto G,...
Thanks!!

bluebird

Post Fri, Jan 09 2015, 12:59 pm
How much are you willing to spend, both for the phone and monthly for service? Are you in the US?

Have you considered buying an iPhone 4s used? You can get great deals by buying a phone from someone who's just upgraded.

Raisin

Post Sat, Jan 10 2015, 4:55 pm
you can also buy an older iphone model new very often. I just looked on amazon - a new iphone 4 is $119.

ven

Post Sat, Jan 10 2015, 5:08 pm
I have a sony experia z 1 and I am very very happy with it !!

JMM-uc

Post Sat, Jan 10 2015, 5:42 pm
Nexus 4

yummydd

Post Sat, Jan 10 2015, 6:30 pm
I Have a used iPhone 4s which I am looking to sell as I changed to verizon. It's a sprint phone.

kelsorino

Post Sat, Jan 10 2015, 6:49 pm
I have a blu phone. I had a Samsung galaxy rift before this one and it is basically the same thing.

thanks

Post Sat, Jan 10 2015, 7:28 pm
I have a droid 4. Bought it for $50 on ebay. I don't want to upgrade because I like having a keyboard, and the newer ones are only touchscreen.

Bitachon101

Post Sat, Jan 10 2015, 8:34 pm
I got a moto g and its a little over $100 and Verizon service for $49.99 a month but the only issue is imamother has issues with keyboard and website with this phone.
In fact I can't even see what I am typing as I type now

It only happens sometimes but otherwise I'm pretty happy with it
It does not have major storage space tho if you take tons of videos or pics and want lits of apps.

amother

Post Sat, Jan 10 2015, 8:48 pm
I have a moto g too and I highly recommend it- I have republic wireless - look it up and I pay $10 a month for unlimited talk and text, and when I'm on a wifi network I get data too. They also have a data plan for $25 a month.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sat, Jan 10 2015, 10:20 pm
amother wrote:
I have a moto g too and I highly recommend it- I have republic wireless - look it up and I pay $10 a month for unlimited talk and text, and when I'm on a wifi network I get data too. They also have a data plan for $25 a month.

I have the Moto X and Republic Wireless, too, and I'm pretty happy with it. But the Moto X is more expensive than the Moto G

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sat, Jan 10 2015, 10:25 pm
[quotethe only issue is imamother has issues with keyboard and website with this phone.

[/quote

I thought it was just my phone.

bluebird

Post Sat, Jan 10 2015, 11:08 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
[quotethe only issue is imamother has issues with keyboard and website with this phone.

[/quote

I thought it was just my phone.

I have that issue on Chrome on my Android as well.

amother

Post Sun, Jan 11 2015, 12:53 am
I had a motorola photon q 4g lte. Got it on eBay or amazon for 100. Was very happy w it. It has a full physical keyboard. I highly recommend it.

amother

Post Sun, Jan 11 2015, 1:13 am
Bought a used Galaxy 4 very happy

Didi

Post Sun, Jan 11 2015, 2:03 am
I have a moto g and love it!

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Jan 11 2015, 2:00 pm
have the samsung galaxy s3. battery dies every day mid day but otherwise its a good phone.

monseychick

Post Sun, Jan 11 2015, 2:47 pm
Amazon Fire Phone 200 unlocked... Can't beat that .. Not as user-friendly as Iphone, but thats what Mayday is for

amother

Post Mon, Jan 12 2015, 2:44 pm
notshanarishona wrote:
have the samsung galaxy s3. battery dies every day mid day but otherwise its a good phone.

notshana, DH had exactly the same problem with his galaxy s3 (2 years old.) I bought him an Anker battery on amazon for 13.99. Problem solved.

Anonymous because I've discussed this IRL.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 13 2015, 11:45 pm
thank you all. It took me time to get back here.
I am taking all you said into consideration.. even tho it just made me more confused lol..

Now can someone explain to me how this works. Can I just buy any used phone from ebay or a person and then bring it into a cellphone store to service? Like can I buy a used 4s smarphone, or even not used any motorola .. and walk into Tmobile or sprint, etc.. and say can I get a plan on this phone?
Thanks!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics