Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Anyone have a cheaper smartphone they can recommend?
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Wed, Jan 14 2015, 9:12 pm
amother wrote:
thank you all. It took me time to get back here.
I am taking all you said into consideration.. even tho it just made me more confused lol..

Now can someone explain to me how this works. Can I just buy any used phone from ebay or a person and then bring it into a cellphone store to service? Like can I buy a used 4s smarphone, or even not used any motorola .. and walk into Tmobile or sprint, etc.. and say can I get a plan on this phone?
Thanks!

bump

ruchelbuckle

Post Thu, Jan 15 2015, 8:53 am
Another Republic Wireless customer here. I have the Moto X. The other less expensive models were not available when I purchased mine. I don't pay for data, so its $10 per month, plus tax. If I need the data (ie- travelling)-- then I just switch to the data plan.

Regarding your question:
You can buy a used phone from ebay, but you have to bring it to that provider to set up service. When you look at the listing, it will tell you which provider the phone is "programmed" for.

So it will say "Iphone 5 At&T" or whatever. That means the phone can only be used on AT&T. So yes, you would then walk into at&t, they would set you up with a plan, and get your phone set up for you.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics