Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Inflammation in knee

amother

Post Fri, Jan 09 2015, 12:05 pm
So basically my son has inflammation in knee for few weeks. Same knee that had surgery last winter. Took X-rays this week and today saw orthopedist. He took some tubes of blood and I'm quite nervous . Anyone know what it can b? Please help me calm down. He wants to c him in 10 days again .
Forgot to mention he fell down and since then it's like that.

amother

Post Fri, Jan 09 2015, 12:39 pm
My kids had knee inflammation that turned out to be lymes disease and they were treated with antibiotics.

amother

Post Fri, Jan 09 2015, 2:45 pm
amother wrote:
My kids had knee inflammation that turned out to be lymes disease and they were treated with antibiotics.

Actually that was first thing he was tested for and came back negative... Didnt think it's that cuz wasn't in mountains or anything

amother

Post Fri, Jan 09 2015, 3:44 pm
I am not sure what the surgery was for. It can be something small. In my case my son had flare ups in his knee and it ended up being pediatric arthritis. Take it one step at a time. Good luck.

amother

Post Fri, Jan 09 2015, 3:57 pm
amother wrote:
I am not sure what the surgery was for. It can be something small. In my case my son had flare ups in his knee and it ended up being pediatric arthritis. Take it one step at a time. Good luck.

Op here... Surgery was to take out piece glass that went into knee

amother

Post Sat, Jan 10 2015, 7:41 pm
Arthritis mom here. I was told it is very unusual to brake a bone in knee. Did they test for strep by blood work? My son's doctor tested for Lyme a couple months later just in case it was not picked up the first time. I am not trying to worry just trying to help. Some viruses can ccause a flared up knee. Good luck.

amother

Post Sat, Jan 10 2015, 8:48 pm
amother wrote:
Arthritis mom here. I was told it is very unusual to brake a bone in knee. Did they test for strep by blood work? My son's doctor tested for Lyme a couple months later just in case it was not picked up the first time. I am not trying to worry just trying to help. Some viruses can ccause a flared up knee. Good luck.

Op here: tnx for responding .my dh took him to dr and doesn't ask all the questions I wud ask like what he was tested for. So for now I'm just waiting for results . They only took blood Friday.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 13 2015, 9:15 am
Op here: bh got back good blood results. Retested Lyme was negative inflammatory markers was good white blood cells. Only thing borderline was strept . I have another app next week and will c what dr wants to do. All he said was give Motrin for few days

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Nov 16 2016, 8:38 pm
Question to all you moms with children that had swollenknees; did the swelling go away on own, through medication treatment or was it drained?

If drained, what's the process? Who did it?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics