Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Measuring laundry detergent for a big machine

LovetoLive

Post Fri, Jan 09 2015, 10:39 am
how much laundry detergent should I use in my machine?
do I measure according to the lines on the cap or according to the size of the dispensor in the machine?
I have a super large machine. I think 5 cubic feet. how big of a load do caps measure for? when I bought the machine, they said its 3x the size of a regular machine. do I measure 3x the amount of detergent according to the cap? Help

zigi

Post Fri, Jan 09 2015, 10:57 am
that is what I do on the jumbo machines in the Laundromat. I fill for a normal load and then do it as many times the machine is, if its a double loader 2x etc

abs

Post Sat, Jan 10 2015, 6:00 pm
I only use about 1/2 the amount called for in my super capacity machine. I've been told that the detergent companies tell you that you need WAY more than you actually do. My clothes are coming out just as clean without tons of extra suds on the last rinse.

lkwdlady

Post Sat, Jan 10 2015, 6:30 pm
That's funny. I always put in more than recommended. I think they try to sell by saying that this bottle will wash 96 loads. I find that it barely gets me through even half of that. What kind of machine do you have?

abs

Post Sat, Jan 10 2015, 6:34 pm
20 yr. old Sears Kenmore. I do use the Heavy Duty option all the time, though! (and only Tide detergent or the Kirkland Detergent, which is supposed to be similar.)

zigi

Post Sat, Jan 10 2015, 9:30 pm
they say 96 loads based on the smallest lines in the cap.

lkwdlady

Post Sun, Jan 11 2015, 9:40 am
abs wrote:
20 yr. old Sears Kenmore. I do use the Heavy Duty option all the time, though! (and only Tide detergent or the Kirkland Detergent, which is supposed to be similar.)

mine is a whirlpool super capacity (around 15 yrs old) so I'm not sure how the 2 machines compare. I usually use a little more detergent than recommended (not sure if it's necessary). For an off brand I will double the amount. I once read that the main thing in getting things clean is the amount of water used. I always put the water level on high and set the washer timer for the longest time.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry