Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Help my chick peas are talking to me!!

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Jan 11 2015, 12:16 am
Last week I was soaking some chick peas to try in a new recipe and I kept hearing them click as they soaked. It was the first time I ever noticed the sound.

Today I decided that since the garbanzo salad was so good I'd make another batch so I started the beans to soaking but brought the bowl into the living room. I was determined to figure out why they were clicking. Just as I suspected, it was the beans swelling and expanding and the husk splitting. For a bit of time I was wondering if I was having auditory hallucinations or suffering from a bizarre form of tinnitus.

Has anyone else heard their chick peas click?

finallyamommy

Post Sun, Jan 11 2015, 12:53 am
Lol, that's really cool! I'm hard of hearing so I wouldn't notice, but now I want to ask DH :-)

greenfire

Post Sun, Jan 11 2015, 2:34 pm
guess I've never soaked chick peas - how bizarre ...

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Jan 11 2015, 2:40 pm
esheschayil wrote:
Lol, that's really cool! I'm hard of hearing so I wouldn't notice, but now I want to ask DH :-)

My hearing isn't the best either that's why I brought the bowl into the living room. At least they weren't screaming when I boiled them this morning. Very Happy

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jan 11 2015, 5:23 pm
That's really interesting. I had some chickpeas soaking today and they're simmering now. On heat I understand but I don't remember every hearing anything. Bon appetit!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen