Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Looking to buy a good quality wig

gila42

Post Sun, Jan 11 2015, 10:54 am
Hi

Im looking to buy a good quality wig can anyone recommend me a good place in Borough Park.
Someone told me I should look for frumy Lifshitz from Borough anyone know her?

gila42

Post Thu, Jan 15 2015, 7:31 am
any one...

nyer1

Post Thu, Jan 15 2015, 8:22 am
maybe if you're a lift more specific about what you're looking for, people could better help.

long? short? curly? straight? wavy? blonde / brunette / red? european? high end? low end? cheap? no budget at all?

I would recommend clary's in boro park. they are AMAZING. they have the best wavy and curly sheitals around too, if that's what you're interested in, but u didn't specify…….

supty

Post Thu, Jan 15 2015, 8:37 am
If you want really good quality that will last, and price isn't an issue, I would only go for a Shevy or a Dini. I don't know who specifically sells them in bp though.

sheindellaya

Post Mon, Feb 09 2015, 9:15 pm
Miriam Sobel sells both. 718-253-9118

Gnmn

Post Mon, Feb 09 2015, 9:29 pm
What's a Dini?

Chickpea

Post Mon, Feb 09 2015, 9:44 pm
Who else sells silky wavy/curly wigs? It's very difficult finding one.

bruriyah

Post Mon, Feb 09 2015, 9:46 pm
If you're willing to spend the $, look into a BK wig. I know shevys have a great name, but IMO, the BKs are better. I have a BK wig and it looks, now, almost three years later, exactly the way it looked when I got it. It did not oxidize one bit. Some of the shevy's I've seen definitely oxidize faster.

Also, the BKs require very minimal maintenace and they hold beautifully. For ex, my wig is wavy and the curls/waves hold for months at a time - not exaggerating.

Everything I'm saying is for wigs that are straight or wavy. I don't know how their curly wigs are.

Some of the Shevy's I've seen are beautiful, but not all of them hold well and look the same a year or two later. So far, my BK, and others I've seen, do better than shevys in this regard.

srbmom

Post Mon, Feb 09 2015, 9:58 pm
I still have my Shevy from when I got married 10 years ago. Was worn as a Shabbos sheitel for 7 years and now almost everyday for 3 years. Hair is still in great condition.
I have dyed it many, many times and it has held up through everything.
At the time it was considered top of the line.

Gnmn

Post Tue, Feb 10 2015, 6:24 pm
What color is your bk? You got my Attention that it didn't oxidize! shock And what's the price rang?

bruriyah

Post Tue, Feb 10 2015, 7:29 pm
My BK is dark brown with some auburnish highlights. When I got it, it was in the 3K+ range. I think now, if you order them here in the US, they are 4K.

However, if you order them directly from Israel, where they are based, it's about 2800-3000, and then if you are not an israeli citizen you can get about 14% tax back (maybe 16%? I'm not sure) which is about $500. But going this route, you would need to have someone bring it for you, or you bring it yourself, and you also need to know exactly what you want. Also, you have a year warranty to change anything you want - but you'd have to send it back to Israel.

If you order it through someone here, they will fix any problems you have and they will work with you - more service but it's 4K.

If you want more specific details, PM me.

noosheen

Post Tue, Feb 10 2015, 9:41 pm
Featherlite wigs

Check out her facebook page. By far the best quality wig I ever owned. And I'm married for 29 Years

Gnmn

Post Tue, Feb 10 2015, 11:53 pm
Can you buy a featherlite in Brooklyn?

noosheen

Post Wed, Feb 11 2015, 8:24 pm
You can buy one anywhere in the world. You can go on facebook and see some of her peices. Email her what you are looking for or call her. she is very good about answering her emails. the address is on facebook. I think she ships everywhere and if you are not satisfied with the product she takes returns. I know it's not the most conventional way to buy a wig, but trust me, her peices are top quality and last for years. I am not exaggerating. Like I said in an earlier post, in all my years of wearing wigs, I am down to only wearing hers. I really need another wig and in the process of buying one from her. also, she can show u how to care for it and wash it yourself, whch is another huge money saver.

good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels