Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Someone owes me money... WWYD?

amother

Post Sun, Jan 11 2015, 12:19 pm
I'm changing a few minor details so as not to give myself away.
Back in October I worked for Mr. X for one day, providing a service he needed for an event he was running. It was a full day's work (8 am- 8pm) and I was promised a pretty decent amount of money.
At the end of the day, as I was packing up, Mr. X said he will be in touch with me regarding payment. Ok no problem, he had a lot of things going on at that moment. 3 weeks later, I get an email from him asking my address so he can send me a check. (I probably should have followed up sooner but I was busy with other things going on and completely forgot).
I sent him my address and after a week and a half of not receiving anything I sent him another email asking him if it had been sent, to make sure it didn't get lost in the mail or anything.
No response.
A week later I emailed him again. No response.
2 weeks ago (which was 2 1/2 months after the time he was supposed to pay me) he calls me, apologizing profusely- saying he sent out the checks but they got returned... And he's sending them out again, today. 2 weeks later, nothing is here and I emailed him again this morning.
At this point, I have not heard from him and I am not sure what to do. It's not enough money to be worth the hassle of beis din or legal court, but its enough money that it would really help my family through this month. I have called and emailed him numerous times but he is not answering.
As a side note, he hasn't payed my assistant either, and it's the same story on her end.
WWYD?

Iymnok

Post Sun, Jan 11 2015, 12:23 pm
If you get a hold of him, arrange to go pick it up yourself.

amother

Post Sun, Jan 11 2015, 12:30 pm
Iymnok wrote:
If you get a hold of him, arrange to go pick it up yourself.

OP here- yes I will if he answers his phone that is Smile

kb

Post Sun, Jan 11 2015, 1:14 pm
Call from a number he doesn't recognize.

greenfire

Post Sun, Jan 11 2015, 1:16 pm
maybe it's time to pay him a visit ... no phone no e-mail - face to face encounter - you need your money now
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics