Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Who is the attractive young woman among the heads of state?

Mevater

Post Sun, Jan 11 2015, 6:00 pm
Who is the attractive young woman with the blue top and belted black coat?

Can anyone identify everyone in the photo, starting with Netanyahu on the left (the one to Netanyahu's right, our left, is prob security/bodyguard)?

TIA

water_bear88

Post Sun, Jan 11 2015, 6:37 pm
http://www.reuters.com/news/pi.....50111
From Reuters, the man on Netanyahu's left is Mali President Ibrahim Boubacar Keita, followed by French President Francois Hollande, German Chancellor Angela Merkel, and European Council President Donald Tusk.

I can't seem to find a picture with the young woman labeled, though I'd guess she's not a world leader herself since she isn't linking arms with the rest of them. Maybe someone's wife?

Mevater

Post Sun, Jan 11 2015, 6:48 pm
water_bear88 wrote:
http://www.reuters.com/news/picture/french-foreign-leaders-walk-arm-in-arm-a?articleId=USKBN0KK05S20150111
From Reuters, the man on Netanyahu's left is Mali President Ibrahim Boubacar Keita, followed by French President Francois Hollande, German Chancellor Angela Merkel, and European Council President Donald Tusk.

I can't seem to find a picture with the young woman labeled, though I'd guess she's not a world leader herself since she isn't linking arms with the rest of them. Maybe someone's wife?

Thanks for identifying them!

As far as the woman, I was curious if shes perhaps Mr Tusk's wife, and I found a pic with his wife, and its not this woman.

rainbow dash

Post Sun, Jan 11 2015, 7:17 pm
it is King Abdallah of Jordans wife Queen Rania Al Abdullah

Mevater

Post Sun, Jan 11 2015, 7:50 pm
rainbow dash wrote:
it is King Abdallah of Jordans wife Queen Rania Al Abdullah

Hmmmmmmmmmm. Youre right! She looks so young.

http://titleandstyle.com/categ.....yals/

etky

Post Mon, Jan 12 2015, 12:40 am
Rania aside (she does indeed look fab but then she is a queen after all) wasn't that quite a picture yesterday, with all the heads of state marching together? Not to mention all those people thronging the streets!!
Cynic that I am, I still found something awe-inspiring and momentous about yesterday's event. I hope that it bears fruit in some significant way.

Mevater

Post Mon, Jan 12 2015, 2:05 am
Some background on the very pretty Mrs Peace Lover Rania:

Abdullah II’s wife is Queen Rania, pretty and voluble and a fibber. She has described herself as a “Palestinian” refugee from Tulkarm, but the truth did out. She was born in Kuwait to a wealthy doctor of “Palestinian” origins, and she did indeed become a “refugee” when Kuwait expelled 400,000 Palestinian residents following the first Persian Gulf War, as punishment for their support of Saddam Hussein after his invasion of Kuwait.

She too can be quite testy about Israel. Witness this June 2010 fevered outburst about Israel’s raid on the flotilla:

“The attack stunned the world because of its blatant and absurd disregard for anything resembling international law, human rights, and diplomatic norms. Its glaring outrageousness stunned, but didn’t surprise, me. It cannot be viewed in isolation. It is another upshot of a dogma long fermenting on Israel’s political landscape. It is a doctrine that lives for itself and off others. It survives by tapping into the subliminal and cognisant levels. It implants into public consciousness a set of tenets that see Israeli’s very existence as eternally under threat, to be defended through any means (preferably through use of force to show the enemy who’s boss).”

King Abdullah II is, like his wife, a favorite of the American media. He is described as a leading “moderate” although he does cozy up to all Arab hardliners in effusive criticism of Israel. His late father was described as “plucky”, but this king is just pudgy.

In official photographs Abdullah looks more like a star in a Gilbert and Sullivan operetta with dozens of medals adorning his chest. Since his coronation he has received thousands of medals and honorary titles from all over the world including the Order of the White Eagle of Poland and the Grand Order of Mungunghwa of Korea, and the highly coveted Al Fateh Revolution Medal, a top honor in Libya. The medal was given to the King by the Libyan ambassador to Jordan, Mohammed Hassan Barghathi, in place of Libya’s leader, Muammar Ghaddafi.

You see him here, and you see him there, ricocheting to meet President Obama, the King of Saudi Arabia, the Prime Minister of England….busy, busy , busy little King……the occupier of Eastern Palestine who grants no citizen rights or permits for apartments to any Jews.

He must know…or maybe he doesn’t….that the Palarabs have their sights set on Jordan just as soon as they finish with Israel. He is in a tight spot and unlike his late father he cannot achieve a modus vivendi with Israel which includes shared intelligence, protection of the palace and a de facto understanding about control of the West Bank. Oslo queered that deal forever and now the King is left promoting Palestinian Arab statehood at Israel’s throat as well as his. He is not a butcher like Qaddafi or Assad. He is not a jihadist like Ahmedinejad or the heartless oppressors in Yemen and Somalia. He has no oil so he can’t count on too much international concern.

His late father Hussein understood the shaky nature of his rule. In 1962 he penned a book named “Uneasy Lies the Head.” In it he wrote:

"I had seen enough of Europe even at 17 to know that its playgrounds were filled with ex-kings, some of whom lost their thrones because they did not understand the duties of a monarch. I was not going to become a permanent member of their swimming parties in the south of France."

For Abdullah II and his royal family the handwriting is on the wall. He will have to join the Eurotrash on the beaches of France. And lucky for Mr. and Mrs. Hashemite Hussein, they will sip and sup with enough haters of Jews and Israel to last them all the days of their lives.
The scam his family has perpetrated with the acquiescence of academics, media, supine Israeli leaders, is coming to an end. Uneasy lies the head. Abdication lies ahead.

http://www.familysecuritymatte.....DJ28m

FamilySecurityMatters.org Contributing Editor Ruth S. King is a freelance writer who writes a monthly column in OUTPOST, the publication of Americans for a Safe Israel.

DrMom

Post Tue, Jan 13 2015, 2:00 am
Well if you don't want to look at Queen Rania or any of the other female heads of state present, you can read this Israeli publication.

ChutzPAh

Post Tue, Jan 13 2015, 9:26 am
Is she off the derech?
Why doesn't she need to keep her face and hair covered?

Mevater

Post Tue, Jan 13 2015, 9:45 am
ChutzPAh wrote:
Is she off the derech?
Why doesn't she need to keep her face and hair covered?

Perhaps the whole country is OTD. Look at cleavage in this photo! King Husband is way too permissive!

http://images.askmen.com/celeb.....6x490

greenfire

Post Tue, Jan 13 2015, 9:52 am
why do they bother with this crapola - a picture like this is going to go viral & photo-shopping it is just calling the viewers stupido

DrMom

Post Wed, Jan 14 2015, 3:09 am
What's good for the goose...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics