Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
School project on australia
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Wed, Jan 14 2015, 1:14 pm
I like the fairy bread idea. Easy to prepare and everyone will enjoy. A staple of my youth!

amother

Post Wed, Jan 14 2015, 9:16 pm
oliveoil wrote:
lol. this is so inaccurate, it's laughable!

vegemite is salty and very much an acquired taste. It's also difficult to find in other places.

no idea what the coffee thing is.

and churros are absolutely not australian!

as another poster said, try lamington, pavlova or anzac biscuits (cookies). Or mini meat pies would be cute (but messy and fleishig). or fairy bread (white bread with butter/marg. and non-pareil sprinkles). or chocolate crackles (a rice crispie/coconut/chocolate treat). You can Google all these for pictures and recipes.

Thanks to all of you who helped with different ideas. We really appreciate it. My dc chose chocolate crackles.
Thanks for letting me know about these since when I tried googling I wasn't getting anything good.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 15 2015, 3:28 am
For the chocolate crackles, I would recommend not following some of the recipes out there, but just using baking chocolate and Rice Bubbles (I think you would call them Rice Crispies).
Just melt chocolate, add the Rice Bubbles, and mix until coated. Spoon into patty pans, (cupcake liners) and put in fridge to harden.
Btw, I am Australian, and the other recipes tend to get a bit soggy. This recipe is fail proof and delicious.
You can also put coloured hundreds and thousands (sprinkles I think) on top.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 15 2015, 7:45 am
I actually did something similar to your suggestion. I used the improvised version of this recipe that I found.

http://www.whats4eats.com/dess.....ecipe
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children