Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
LOOKING FOR CFY POSITION

amother

Post Tue, Jan 13 2015, 11:35 am
Hello,
I am looking for a cfy position in either ny or nj. I am located in monsey and willing to travel. I would take any job with any pay since need to start cfy asap.....please respond with ANY leads! thanks.....

luckysunshine

Post Tue, Jan 13 2015, 11:42 am
Would you drive to brooklyn? I hope someone has a job opening for you that is closer..

runninglate

Post Tue, Jan 13 2015, 12:02 pm
Try Yeled VYalda. 718 686 3700

amother

Post Tue, Jan 13 2015, 8:30 pm
not bklyn.....at least4 now

amother

Post Tue, Jan 13 2015, 8:31 pm
not bklyn.....at least4 now

amother

Post Tue, Jan 13 2015, 9:11 pm
You can contact the nyc DOE. I know someone from Monsey who worked in Washington Heights. Much closer commute than Brooklyn.

tf

Post Tue, Jan 13 2015, 9:26 pm
What's cfy?

b from nj

Post Tue, Jan 13 2015, 9:52 pm
tf wrote:
What's cfy?

CFY is the Clinical Fellowship Year for graduates with a master's in speech/language pathology. It is necessary to do it either 9 months full-time or 18 months part-time to become certified as a speech & language pathologist.

OP I would recommend that you contact the various EI agencies in Monsey (I think Jumpstart is one) to inquire whether they would hire a CFY.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 14 2015, 11:46 am
b from nj wrote:
CFY is the Clinical Fellowship Year for graduates with a master's in speech/language pathology. It is necessary to do it either 9 months full-time or 18 months part-time to become certified as a speech & language pathologist.

OP I would recommend that you contact the various EI agencies in Monsey (I think Jumpstart is one) to inquire whether they would hire a CFY.

It can't hurt to try calling the EI agencies, but having called numerous agencies, they did not take CFY.

amother

Post Sun, Jan 18 2015, 1:06 pm
the agencies all dont hire cfy students now (in mnsy) or at least the ones I called including hasc gan ezra,judy dobner...any other ideas? thnks.....

amother

Post Sun, Jan 18 2015, 1:07 pm
the agencies all dont hire cfy students now (in mnsy) or at least the ones I called including hasc gan ezra,judy dobner...any other ideas? thnks.....

b from nj

Post Sun, Jan 18 2015, 1:26 pm
I did mine at a BY in BP through an agency which is no longer in existence. Not sure if there are any agencies in Monsey that work in the schools like they had in Brooklyn.

If you are willing to shlep to Brooklyn, then maybe contact Yeled V'yalda b/c they still have CFYs working in schools from what I've heard. Another option is to look into local hospitals in Monsey & see if they have any positions available.

Hatzlacha!

amother

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 7:56 pm
I don't want to travel to bklyn though I would do NJ (passaic?) or Monroe etc

amother

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 8:23 pm
Did you try calling some of the NJ agencies like Kid Clan?

amother

Post Wed, Mar 18 2015, 7:04 pm
ye but theyre not hiring now....

amother

Post Wed, Mar 18 2015, 7:31 pm
I work through Strivright and actually got an email that they are hiring now. They are located in Brooklyn but it doesn't hurt to call and see if they have cases closer to your home. Hatzlacha!

amother

Post Wed, Mar 18 2015, 10:40 pm
do you iknow their #? thanks
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics