Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Simcha etiquette

bobimindy

Post Tue, Jan 13 2015, 2:55 pm
When making a simcha over a Shabbos ie: aufruf, bar mitzvah, sheva berachos, did you give out guest bags and/or host gifts? What did you put in bags or give?

greenfire

Post Tue, Jan 13 2015, 3:01 pm
I was happy I gave everybody a bed to sleep in with a blanket & pillow ... then I put a basketful of freshly laundered towels in front of the bathroom door ...

lkwdmommy

Post Tue, Jan 13 2015, 3:02 pm
Yes, I did both.

Gifts to the host are a thank you for the trouble they go through setting up the room for your guests. I sent baked goods (homemade) for Shabbos. (once I sent babkas, once mini cheese danishes, once a box of ***'t cookies). Always appreciated.

For the guests, I made a gift bag-nothing fancy or over the top. Just stuff to make their stay more comfortable. In a small shopping bag, I put 2 water bottles with cups, some nash, such as chocolate lentils, nuts, mints, or such. (nothing chometz or with shells that may leave a mess), the schedule for Shabbos and reading material (usually the Yated because that is cheapest).

Smile1234

Post Tue, Jan 13 2015, 4:12 pm
lkwdmommy wrote:
l (usually the Yated because that is cheapest).

If you are in Bklyn...My mother gave the Flatbush Jewish Journal out - its free, and just perfect for the few minutes you have to relax on a busy simcha shabbos...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics