Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Museum of natural history

yo'ma

Post Tue, Jan 13 2015, 11:21 pm
It gives a price and says suggested donation. My sister said they highly suggest it, but you could do whatever. For general admission, for children, don't know the age, it's $12.50 each and for adults it's $22. I'm iy'h going with a 16, 12 year old and down, 3 more. What would you do? What do you think I should do? I could buy them in advance, but I'm going on Thursday iy'h so I doubt there should be such a long line anyway and online is for sure full fare. Thank you!

KollelWife3

Post Tue, Jan 13 2015, 11:27 pm
I think the price is high enough as is.

We went on chol hamoed. We purchased tickets for the imax together with a general admission. The trip came out pretty expensive.

seeker

Post Tue, Jan 13 2015, 11:45 pm
I went and gave what I felt was affordable for me (just me and 2 small children). It was considerably less than the suggested donation but enough that I felt it wasn't looking too cheap. It was on a random day when the museum was on the empty side anyway. The clerk didn't say anything to make me think this was unusual or undesirable, the entire transaction was totally respectful, she didn't shove any suggested donation in my face. We had a nice time. I wasn't going to pay $12.50 each for my preschooler's limited attention span!

doctorima

Post Tue, Jan 13 2015, 11:47 pm
If it's only a suggested donation, then give what you feel is fair based on what it's worth to you and what you can afford, and don't feel guilty or let them pressure you. No need to buy in advance and pay full price; the lines should not be an issue.

Lani22

Post Wed, Jan 14 2015, 2:01 pm
I have been to this museum numerous times with my husband and 2 kids. I think I gave $10 total the last few times. The cashier didn't blink...

Bruria

Post Wed, Jan 14 2015, 2:40 pm
It's suggested donation, just pay for the price that fits your budget.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries