Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
How to give wig a boost between washes?

miracleshappen

Post Wed, Jan 14 2015, 9:30 pm
How do you give your shaitels a boost in between washings when they are starting to look a little bleh?

lkwdlady

Post Wed, Jan 14 2015, 9:34 pm
I learned how to put in rollers. If left overnight it makes a big difference.!

miracleshappen

Post Wed, Jan 14 2015, 9:43 pm
lkwdlady wrote:
I learned how to put in rollers. If left overnight it makes a big difference.!

Do you wet the hair before you set it in rollers? Do you blow dry it or let it air dry?

lkwdlady

Post Wed, Jan 14 2015, 9:45 pm
no, not wet (then you have to blow dry).

Set completely dry and just brush out.

Maybe try on one section of hair and see how it comes out.

Make the rollers tight.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jan 14 2015, 11:17 pm
Get a spray bottle and fill it with water. Give your wig a VERY light mist, and then set it. Let it dry overnight.

I'm lazy, I have sheitels that are wavy/curly, so I don't have to do much to them, they're already styled. They actually look better if I walk to shul in a light rain because it makes the curl activate and smoothes out the frizz. Very Happy

Chickpea

Post Wed, Jan 14 2015, 11:33 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Get a spray bottle and fill it with water. Give your wig a VERY light mist, and then set it. Let it dry overnight.

I'm lazy, I have sheitels that are wavy/curly, so I don't have to do much to them, they're already styled. They actually look better if I walk to shul in a light rain because it makes the curl activate and smoothes out the frizz. Very Happy

FF, I would SO appreciate if you would recommend which brand curly sheitel to get. I'm having such difficulty finding one.
(Sorry for hijacking this thread)

Simple1

Post Wed, Jan 14 2015, 11:35 pm
Comb it after each wear (if you're not doing so already, sorry if it's obvious.)

Pink Flamingo

Post Thu, Jan 15 2015, 12:05 pm
If your wig has bangs, spray them with dry shampoo. They will look so fresh, as if they were just washed and blown. I do it whenever the bangs look oily or stringy

runninglate

Post Sun, Jan 18 2015, 6:57 pm
Pink Flamingo wrote:
If your wig has bangs, spray them with dry shampoo. They will look so fresh, as if they were just washed and blown. I do it whenever the bangs look oily or stringy
What's dry shampoo? I'm always getting my shaitel redone because of the bangs, so this sounds like useful info.

miami85

Post Sun, Jan 18 2015, 7:02 pm
It's usually a spray--like hair spray but it supposedly cleans the hair without making it wet.

notme

Post Sun, Jan 18 2015, 7:06 pm
Put sheitel in a towel. Lay the sheitel flat on the towel and fold the towel over so sheitel is wrapped in it. The towel will absorb some of the oil and freshen it up a bit.

runninglate

Post Sun, Jan 18 2015, 7:18 pm
Thanks!

anonymous55

Post Sun, Jan 18 2015, 9:54 pm
Pink Flamingo wrote:

what brand of dry shampoo is good. my bangs get oily fast and I'd be interested in trying dry shampoo. thanks

ayintova

Post Sun, Jan 18 2015, 10:19 pm
anonymous55 wrote:
what brand of dry shampoo is good. my bangs get oily fast and I'd be interested in trying dry shampoo. thanks

I use Redken style connection Powder Refresh 101. Spray it on and wait five minutes before brushing it out. I have a straight sheitel.

jflower

Post Mon, Jan 19 2015, 9:38 am
runninglate wrote:
What's dry shampoo? I'm always getting my shaitel redone because of the bangs, so this sounds like useful info.

runninglate, my bangs get oily too so this is what I do:

- section off the hair of the bangs (separate from the rest of the shaitel) & wash just the bangs with shampoo. I was advised to use cheap shampoo like Suave because the more expensive shampoos have extra additives that coat the hair.

- put shaitel on a head, comb bangs & let dry overnight

- before wearing, blow dry bangs using a round brush (takes a minute to do.)

That's it. It makes a tremendous difference when the bangs are freshly washed.

Pink Flamingo

Post Mon, Jan 19 2015, 3:11 pm
I use suave dry shampoo but any brand should be fine. I got that one cuz it was the only one I found in Walgreens. I spray the bangs, pin them back, and let it sit over night and in the morning they look great
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels