Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Question for an accountant

amother

Post Thu, Jan 15 2015, 12:04 pm
My salary is 50,000 per year. My company pays daycare for me ($650/mth) so my paycheck is only 45,000

Is there any other legal ways that I can get paid less salary, but more in benefits.

I work from home so there is no transportation cost for me.

Health insurance is not offered where I work.

My company is willing to compensate me in other ways so that I end up with more $ instead of it going to taxes. I am not trying to cheat the system or do anything shady, only if it would be legit.

questioner

Post Thu, Jan 15 2015, 12:27 pm
(not an accountant)
if you work from home, can they pay for your Internet etc. directly? (part of electricity bill??)

SS6099

Post Thu, Jan 15 2015, 1:24 pm
Could you ask your company if they could deduct your health insurance off your salary? I believe the maximum for 2015 is $2,500 deducted, which could make a difference.
You could also claim more dependents than you already have, and when you file your taxes, you'll adjust. But this way, your monthly paycheck will be higher (with less taxes deducted). Should you be eligible for a refund at year-end, it will be somewhat lower (obviously) but still something!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics