Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Any new areas turning frum ... And have cheaper houses ??

mommyfirst

Post Sat, Jan 17 2015, 7:39 pm
Title says it all. We need to stay in Brooklyn - please don't respond with how housing is cheaper in Cleveland, Detroit, and Texas. Any new areas in Bklyn turning more frum ... Other than marine park ? Looking for less expensive homes obviously .. Thanks!!!

morah

Post Sat, Jan 17 2015, 7:47 pm
A lot of Brooklyn people are moving to Staten Island these days. Cheaper, still part of the city, and very close to Brooklyn.

centurion

Post Sat, Jan 17 2015, 8:49 pm
Brooklyn real estate is on an up trend and not just in jewish neighborhoods. Even the worst of neighborhoods are going through gentrification and are therefore expensive. Staten island, afaik, is the new frontier.

elisheva25

Post Sat, Jan 17 2015, 8:52 pm
Staten island

mommyfirst

Post Sun, Jan 18 2015, 1:51 pm
Thx for all the replies!

Didn't realize Staten Island was getting more popular .. Are yeshiva type families with kids in Brooklyn yeshivas moving there too?

Also, any other ideas in terms of staying in Brooklyn?? What about the other side of Flatbush avenue ? Any chance of frum families moving back to the flatlands/ Canarsie area? Houses so much cheaper there ..

STovah

Post Sun, Jan 18 2015, 2:06 pm
mommyfirst wrote:
Thx for all the replies!

Didn't realize Staten Island was getting more popular .. Are yeshiva type families with kids in Brooklyn yeshivas moving there too?

Also, any other ideas in terms of staying in Brooklyn?? What about the other side of Flatbush avenue ? Any chance of frum families moving back to the flatlands/ Canarsie area? Houses so much cheaper there ..

Haven't heard of anyone buying on the other side of Flatbush recently. Around 6 or 7 years ago a RE broker who shows a lot of houses in the 30s told me that some Israelis had bought on the other side in anticipation if the 'crossover' but that hasn't happened yet.

Jeanette

Post Sun, Jan 18 2015, 2:41 pm
More Brooklyn communities have to follow the Williamsburg model. When they expand, they don't just go a block or two beyond existing borders. They keep leaping 4-5 blocks out and they're well into Bed-Stuy now. CH has been expanding but much more slowly and conservatively... eventually they will meet. (Mind you, Bed-Stuy is not cheap.)

dhithere

Post Sun, Jan 18 2015, 3:16 pm
My daughter is in bybp and we moving to staten island iyh and will b commuting. I believe there's a van taking kids to bp schools will speak to the rabbis wife and find out more info.

mommyfirst

Post Sun, Jan 18 2015, 3:48 pm
Thx for replies.
Dhitthere - what's the housing market like in Staten Island in frum areas? What made u decide to buy there ? I'm still kind of attached to brooklyn for various reasons, but I guess Staten Island might be a second option..

dhithere

Post Sun, Jan 18 2015, 9:46 pm
Basically houses are selling fast. Ive seen I think all of them on market for past 2 mnth. Semi attached houses range from bat 450k bigger detached houses abt 600k. Housing in brooklyn not affordable and we didnt mind change of scenery and no traffic etc. Im sure it wont b ez since im going without knowing anyone but im social person im sure will get to njoy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries