Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Summer jobs for teen boys

MrsMarmite

Post Sun, Jan 18 2015, 7:48 am
Hi,
I have 13 and 15 y.o DS who don't want to go to summer camp. I told them if they're home all day, they should get summer jobs and they were interested and willing. No idea where to even start looking. We thought of lawnmowing but would we have to worry about the equipment? Any ideas would be extremely helpful and appreciated. TIA

Bsimcha

Post Sun, Jan 18 2015, 8:04 am
My 14 year old wants to be a Junior counselor in a local school daycamp. He wants to do it with a friend.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Jan 18 2015, 8:09 am
My brother Dod car washing, he put all the supplies in a wagon and went knocking on doors.

Come up with a big project like building a fort or tree house. Budget according to the coast of camp. Get lots of how to books.

Check the community centers, libraries and local schools for summer classes on interesting things (not summer school!)

Twizzlers

Post Sun, Jan 18 2015, 9:53 am
where are you located?

greenfire

Post Sun, Jan 18 2015, 10:06 am
as for the equipment - you can do lawn-mowing for those who already own mowers [but no time or don't mind paying a teen to get the job done] so there is no start up monies involved

also what about newspaper delivery [do they still have this]

grocery delivery

work in a pizza shop ...

garage clean-up/organization

teaching kids how to ride bikes

Ingrid

Post Sun, Jan 18 2015, 11:02 am
My son volunteered in a horse-back riding camp. It was great experience for him, he got to socialize with the other teenagers, he learned how to take care of a horse and had to help the little kids. He'd come home tired but satisfied.

spring13

Post Sun, Jan 18 2015, 2:45 pm
If you live in an area with kosher restaurants or food establishments, could they wait/bus tables or otherwise help serve customers or do grunt work in the kitchen?

Look into local museums or nature centers to see if they have summer internship or volunteer programs for kids their age. Sports stadiums might also have jobs for teens.

If they're interested in working with kids at all, there might be people in your community who could davka use a male babysitter, or an assistant for day trips. Depending on what kind of attractions you have in your area, they could maybe coordinate and supervise a few "days out" for a small group of kids to the zoo or an amusement park or an arcade.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics