Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Quickly view & compare your favorite specials on WatsOnSale

Yael

Post Sun, Jan 18 2015, 10:27 am

Easing the Choking

As a mother of four little rascals time is NOT a resource I get to indulge in. Me-time can be measured in minutes (hitting the pillow until I’m fast asleep). It seems like the role of mother has expanded tremendously in recent years while our men still do the same few things. Not only do I have a part time job but I also still have all the traditional mother/wife roles (homework, laundry, housekeeping, cooking, and oh so much more).

Whew! Now that I got that kvetching out of my system, let me tell you why I’m REALLY here. Last year, I stumbled on a website called WatsOnSale that literally changed my life, helping free up my wallet and time. As their biggest fan, they asked me to write this post and I didn’t hesitate for a moment.

Their premise is simple. Do you live in a community that has a weekly circular ala Torah Times? Well, WatsOnSale puts all those great sales from your favorite stores online in a quickly digestible way. They are HUGE in supermarkets. For my area, Borough Park, they are the single BEST resource by far to compare grocery specials because they have them all and they put it up before the magazines come out!

Ladies, we all know what the biggest emptier of our pocketbooks is (besides yeshiva tuition) and that is food shopping. Before I found WatsOnSale, I was paying about $500 a week for groceries. $500 a week! I’ve since brought that down to under $400 a week with the help of WatsOnSale. All it takes is a little mindfulness and planning.

Now, I’m a little of a technical know-nothing so it’s really great to see how much effort they put into the system to make it so simple. Just put in a zip code and done! Their search feature works wonders (even when my dainty fingers mistype) and they even have a way to set email reminders when your favorite specials are posted (just press the star button and create an account).

One of my favorite parts about WatsOnSale is they give yentas like me a platform to kvetch. I have permission from the head programmer himself (thanks Chaim Sash!) to give out his email address admin@watsonsale.com. They encourage their users to complain and give suggestions. I suggest you do to! In fact, leave a reply here and they (or I) will write back ASAP.

Why are you still reading this? Take control of your life and go check ‘em out!

P.S. A little birdie in the company (thanks Aryeh Simkin!) told me what to expect this year: shopping list tool, exclusive discounts, and phone applications. Sooo excited!

Sponsored Post

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jan 18 2015, 12:28 pm
I love watsonsale.com but the last few weeks I have been unable to use it. When I try to click on a supermarket or enter a zip code it says "loading specials out of thin air" (never used to have this waiting icon before) and then it just keeps trying to load, I can't scroll down, I just get stuck.

Please fix. I love watsonsale.com and hate that it is not working for a few weeks already!

Dovi'smom

Post Sun, Jan 18 2015, 6:46 pm
Hey, I like watsonsale.com too, and use it often!

I do want to point out that I take offense at the phrase you used in your article-
"brain-dead simple".

I'm sure you didn't mean any harm, and it may be a phrase you've seen used in this manner, but I think it's very offensive and I take umbrage, for reasons I assume are obvious.

oliveoil

Post Sun, Jan 18 2015, 6:56 pm
Dovi'smom wrote:
Hey, I like watsonsale.com too, and use it often!

I do want to point out that I take offense at the phrase you used in your article-
"brain-dead simple".

I'm sure you didn't mean any harm, and it may be a phrase you've seen used in this manner, but I think it's very offensive and I take umbrage, for reasons I assume are obvious.

Agreed. In fact, the whole thing could use a good edit.

Yael

Post Mon, Jan 19 2015, 1:40 pm
Quote:
@ra_mom
So glad you're a fan! The bug has been fixed. Try it now and you should encounter no issues.

@Dovi'smom @oliveoil
We removed the offending term from the article. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Thanks,

Chaim Sash
Development
WatsOnSale

questioner

Post Tue, Jan 20 2015, 3:23 pm
I just checked out the website and it looks very nice. Is there any way to search for an ingredient across ads? For example, if I could search for "whole wheat flour" and see where it is on sale and for how much in each store in one chart that would be a great help in price comparisons.

Mevater

Post Tue, Jan 20 2015, 4:29 pm
questioner wrote:
I just checked out the website and it looks very nice. Is there any way to search for an ingredient across ads? For example, if I could search for "whole wheat flour" and see where it is on sale and for how much in each store in one chart that would be a great help in price comparisons.

Excellent idea! Love it!

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jan 20 2015, 7:03 pm
Yael wrote:
Quote:
@ra_mom
So glad you're a fan! The bug has been fixed. Try it now and you should encounter no issues.

@Dovi'smom @oliveoil
We removed the offending term from the article. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Thanks,

Chaim Sash
Development
WatsOnSale

Thank you so much, it looks great now! Looking forward to the new sales posted tonight.

Mevater

Post Tue, Jan 20 2015, 9:55 pm
questioner wrote:

Great idea, like I said earlier, but its not going to happen!!!, because it will make life harder for individual business owners/ advertisers (the site's $ource of revenue!) who would be fiercely competing with one another, to make sure their prices are the lowest. Not happening.

First and foremost, Watsonsale wants to make the site advertiser- friendly and coddle their advertisers, not make life harder for them!!!!, no matter how much customers would want it and benefit from it! Watsonsale has way less incentive to satisfy shoppers.

Not happening, friends. Nice dream!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics