Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Going away for Pesach! Nervous!!!!

amother

Post Sun, Jan 18 2015, 4:42 pm
We are going to Orlando for Pesach and I am a bit nervous. The last time we went away for Pesach was 2 years ago when my daughter was 3. She basically lived on potato sticks and milk all Pesach. Last year we stayed home and my daughter ate much better. This year, we are going away and I am a bit worried about my daughter's schedule. She is now 5 so I know things will be easier now that she's older, but if anyone has any advice on what to feed a picky eater while away for pesach , that would be greatly appreciated. We only eat non-gebruchts. Advice for breakfasts specifically would be helpful. My daughter already told me that all she all she wants every day for breakfast over pesach is chocolate pudding. Giving her this every day for a week isn't so bad, is it? Lol
Thanks in advance for your responses. I know that pesach isn't for another 3 months, but as you can see, I am a very nervous mother Smile

imasinger

Post Sun, Jan 18 2015, 6:44 pm
Hey, pudding has milk, right? Smile

Why don't you see if they have published menus for you to go over with her?

Maybe insist on some fruit, egg, yogurt, mock french toast, or something first, to "earn" the pudding at breakfast.

If you are at a hotel, you may be able to request some kid friendly choices; it's worth asking. You'll be paying enough! Surely, they can plop down some carrot sticks next to the fancy hors d'oevres.

You can also continue building flexibility these next 3 months, insisting on a regular 3 bite minimum of a new or less preferred food several times a week.

Hatzlacha!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics