Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Help with finding a school & cheder for my kids in lkwd

amother

Post Mon, Jan 19 2015, 10:26 am
Hi, we are looking to move to lakewood & need to find a cheder & school.

We are looking for something thats heimish chassidish. any suggestions?

at what age do girls start school?

monseychick

Post Mon, Jan 19 2015, 11:22 am
You might want to do a search for all the recent threads on this topic...

Good Luck.... You're going to need it

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jan 19 2015, 11:48 am
I think Bais Rochel is the Heimish/Chassidish school in town; also check out Tiferes Chaya. Bnos Bina is what I'd call hard-core Chassidish, and I believe there are also affiliated Chassidish schools (like Viznitz, and I saw an advertisement for Belz) with classes for the younger grades.

Good Luck with the acceptance process.

Last edited by Chayalle on Tue, Jan 20 2015, 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Notsobusy

Post Mon, Jan 19 2015, 11:58 am
I saw either an article or an ad recently in one of the Lakewood publications, that said Imperial Real Estate did a seminar or something of the sort for Chassidim who want to move to Lakewood. The first thing that came to my mind was these kinds of threads, and I was wondering if they explained to them how difficult it is to get your kids into school here.

Good luck op! I'm sorry I don't know enough about the heimish/chassidish schools to help you.

amother

Post Mon, Jan 19 2015, 11:59 am
glutenless wrote:
I saw either an article or an ad recently in one of the Lakewood publications, that said Imperial Real Estate did a seminar or something of the sort for Chassidim who want to move to Lakewood. The first thing that came to my mind was these kinds of threads, and I was wondering if they explained to them how difficult it is to get your kids into school here.

Good luck op! I'm sorry I don't know enough about the heimish/chassidish schools to help you.

I'm sure they didn't. They are trying to SELL houses, not discourage people from moving here.

studying_torah

Post Mon, Jan 19 2015, 12:35 pm
Chayalle, I think u meant Tiferes Chaya Smile

Notsobusy

Post Mon, Jan 19 2015, 1:19 pm
amother wrote:
I'm sure they didn't. They are trying to SELL houses, not discourage people from moving here.

Yes, I realize, I was being sarcastic.

amother

Post Mon, Jan 19 2015, 2:22 pm
Op here,
Yep I know I'm in for hell... Gotta try my luck all over at least:)

Thanks for the few name recommendations. Keep them coming plz!
I would prefer no Cheder thats associated with a big chassidus like viznitz pupa belz Skver Satmar...

monkey

Post Mon, Jan 19 2015, 3:48 pm
Like someone else mentioned..try Tiferes Chaya.

Its on Joe Parker Road. It's Leifer's school.

Nice school..nice crowd..and heimish/chasidish-sounds like something that might be of interest to you.

sourstix

Post Mon, Jan 19 2015, 5:43 pm
I dont want to go off topic , just a quick question what does heimish chasidish mean? tell me what a hiemish chasidish levush is? a bekeshe and hat?/with a shtreimel? please I am so curious I dont want any bashing. I want to be educated and I tried going to learn about chasidus in the private secitions and I didnt get an answer if I can join yet. so please just give me a quick answer thank you.

amother

Post Mon, Jan 19 2015, 6:10 pm
Heimish chassidish means more cool & relaxed

21young

Post Mon, Jan 19 2015, 6:13 pm
sourstix wrote:
I dont want to go off topic , just a quick question what does heimish chasidish mean? tell me what a hiemish chasidish levush is? a bekeshe and hat?/with a shtreimel? please I am so curious I dont want any bashing. I want to be educated and I tried going to learn about chasidus in the private secitions and I didnt get an answer if I can join yet. so please just give me a quick answer thank you.

Heimish chasidish can span a wide variety of livush(im?). It can be bekeshe streimel, bekeshe hat, different kinds of hats, ties, etc. The point is that these are people with a chasidish background, chasidish minhagim, many have specific chasidussin, and some don't. They all share a varmkeit for chasidus but most don't follow the very chumradig chasidish minhagim.

21young

Post Mon, Jan 19 2015, 6:16 pm
amother wrote:

Nice, insult thousands of people with two words. It looks to me like your version of what qualifies as motzi shem ra is what's 'cool and relaxed'.

amother

Post Mon, Jan 19 2015, 6:22 pm
21young wrote:
Nice, insult thousands of people with two words. It looks to me like your version of what qualifies as motzi shem ra is what's 'cool and relaxed'.

Sorry u took it wrong. I meant that they just don't follow the chumras chassidish society has. Nothing wrong about it. Just a short answer

amother

Post Mon, Jan 19 2015, 7:02 pm
amother wrote:
Sorry u took it wrong. I meant that they just don't follow the chumras chassidish society has. Nothing wrong about it. Just a short answer

Relaxed isn't always a positive term.
the one Heimish Chassidish person I know wakes at 5:30 to learn, dunks in the mikva daily, and then davens with an early minyan . Takes time off of work daily to daven mincha with a minyan. And has an evening charusa. Is involved in running his local shul and has a ruv.

I took it to mean more he doesn't have a close connection with a specific rebbe or chassidus, but connects to chassidus. His girls talk English, drive, go to litvish seminaries in Israel. They would be more comfortable marrying a heimish boy but are open to litvish suggestions. Boys stick a bit more tightly to tradition, especially livush.

monseychick

Post Mon, Jan 19 2015, 7:22 pm
In my experience . Take it with a grain of salt. Women from "heimish chasidish" drive, wear long sheitls, very low denier hosiery, and trendy outfits.

To me, they don't look or sound any different than any other BY Litvish lady. Yet they will scream and jump up and down that they are chasidish...

Chayalle

Post Tue, Jan 20 2015, 9:34 am
studying_torah wrote:
Chayalle, I think u meant Tiferes Chaya Smile

Smile I knew I was off when I was posting it, but the word just slipped my mind. Corrected. Well, I didn't mean the wedding hall in Brooklyn....

Scrabble123

Post Tue, Jan 20 2015, 9:56 am
amother wrote:

To me heimish chassidish does not mean more cool and relaxed. That is what "bummy chassidish" or Lax chassidish means. Heimish Chassidim are often much more frum than regular. Heimishe women may or may not shave and may or may not drive but would most likely not have any movies, videos, etc. in their homes. They will speak Yiddish and value learning husbands (whether that be early morning with an evening chevreesa) and/or full time learning. The men may have the full chassidishe levush or may not. The women may even wear covered shaitels. The husbands may go to Rebbes like rachmivstrik, lelov, etc. Their kids could fit in the frummest chassidishe schools or even into bais yaakovs because they do not care about the extremism, but are just very ehrlich inside. They will follow all school rules and put a lot of emphasis on personal and religious growth for the right reasons.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 20 2015, 9:59 am
Scrabble-that was beautifully said! And very true. Thank you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating