Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Computer programming

amother

Post Mon, Jan 19 2015, 8:11 pm
Does anyone know which courses I can take to learn this?

I'd like a course that I can do online, that's not more than $1,000. One that is comprehensive, clear and easy to use.

Thanks in advance.

sky

Post Mon, Jan 19 2015, 8:25 pm
What are you looking to learn? To what skill level? To do work for self? Or to work for someone else?

amother

Post Mon, Jan 19 2015, 8:33 pm
I would like to go into this field.

I'd like to take a course where when graduate they hire.

I guess skill level would be, enough to work with, to start off with. I could probably either build on my knowledge at a later point, or figure it out myself.

TIA.

rednavy

Post Mon, Jan 19 2015, 8:52 pm
I went to school for comp sci a very long time ago...Now I meet programmers who went to short intense training programs exclusively for programming. The programs sound very expensive but worth it. Is that what you're looking for?

It's also good to know that most companies pay their tech interns, that could be an option for you if you want to learn while making money

rednavy

Post Mon, Jan 19 2015, 8:54 pm
I'm sorry, I thought your previous post was the OP. Now I see you're looking for online programs for $1000. I've heard of but never used codecademy

amother

Post Mon, Jan 19 2015, 8:56 pm
Maybe, I'm not really sure what it would be called. I'm really good and quick on the computer, not sure if I can do graphics well. So I think this would be a good field to go into.

How expensive is expensive? And do you know if the programs they learn with, are online?

amother

Post Mon, Jan 19 2015, 8:58 pm
All the amothers are me, the OP, so far.

newmommy1

Post Mon, Jan 19 2015, 9:00 pm
Red navy, I'm not the op but could you give me more information about those short, intensive (and expensive) programs? I would like to look into reputable programs. Thanks!

rednavy

Post Mon, Jan 19 2015, 9:41 pm
amother wrote:
Maybe, I'm not really sure what it would be called. I'm really good and quick on the computer, not sure if I can do graphics well. So I think this would be a good field to go into.

How expensive is expensive? And do you know if the programs they learn with, are online?

Those I heard of were more like programming boot camps, that people attended in person for a few weeks or months. They were mentioned in passing by two gentleman I worked with briefly who had their own start up and by some younger interns. Again people use codecademy.com to learn programming online

newmommy1 I wish I had more information to give you

sky

Post Mon, Jan 19 2015, 9:46 pm
In Lakewood you can take very intense computer courses, I think give through the Agudah business Office. But it isn't cheap.
I can't imagine any program would be 1,000. And how you would get hired from that making real money.
You can try learning on http://codeacademy.com/. You may even learn more then I know because I haven't taken a new course in years. But I'm not sure that will get you a job.
Someone once mentioned on here that they were going to attend one of those types of courses - the boot camp. It sounded really intense. http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....+camp
From that thread: http://www.appacademy.io/#p-home
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics