Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
What would you do?

amother

Post Tue, Jan 20 2015, 9:18 am
I've posted a few times in recent weeks as amother about my difficult first trimester (lots of throwing up and nausea). Thanks to everyone who has given me support, btw.

The past year I was working from home on a freelance basis but my main client disappeared and since then I was looking for another job with no success. Now we really need more money, but I am also too sick to go out anywhere to work, and anticipate being so for at least the next month.

There is one job available to me that I can take, but I am scared. Very scared. It's a work from home, afternoon/night time position, making administrative calls, and the company seems very no-nonsense from what I've heard: working on chol hamoed and erev yom tov, plus I need to give a 500NIS cash deposit that I'll get back if I don't quit the first 4 months. Probably some of you can guess which job I'm talking about.

I really don't like this way of management, and I am so unsure of whether I'll have the strength to do the job. I'm worried about the stress the job will cause in this already difficult pregnancy. But I don't know what else to do - we really need the money at the moment.

What would you do?

amother

Post Tue, Jan 20 2015, 10:14 am
bump

Smile1234

Post Tue, Jan 20 2015, 10:30 am
Being that the deposit in in NIS I can imagine you're probably talking about a certain company. (I didn't actually know about the deposit, but it fits right into all their other rules)

That being said, I don't think I'd ever take a job with them. Doesn't seem normal to have to work on such rigid rules... I know many people do it because they need money.

Did you look in the pirsumit this week? I saw a few ads there (Don't have it anymore).

No other advice but wishing you lots of hatzlacha and feel better!

amother

Post Tue, Jan 20 2015, 10:38 am
If it's the company I'm thinking of, my coworker used to work for them. She was very unhappy there. The work-from home job we work at now, we also have to work chol hamoed (we get one day off) and erev or motzei YT, but they're a lot more flexible. She says it's a huge difference. I know it works for some people but I definitely don't think I could work a full day's hours starting at 8 pm motzei or whatever.

If you're interested, I can see if they're still hiring for my job. We were hiring recently, but not sure if they filled those positions yet. It's 4 hours on sundays and 6 hours (split 4 in the morning and 2 in the evening, any time after 3:30ish) monday-thursday. Let me know and I can PM you the info.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 20 2015, 10:54 am
I work for them... It's a totally chilled job. (shhh, don't tell anyone). Takes about 2 months for you to get the hang of things, but after that, everything is up to you. My sisinlaw used to start work at 10pm and work til 3pm, I start at 6 and work til 10 and my friend works from 4pm to 9pm Totally depends on you and the income is decent enough. (usually covers the rent).

amother

Post Tue, Jan 20 2015, 11:01 am
SEND YOUR HUSBAND TO WORK

BSHA TOVA

amother

Post Tue, Jan 20 2015, 11:01 am
OP here. Thanks for all the responses. I'm happy to hear one of you thinks it's a chilled job! My neighbor who does it says the same thing; I guess the thing I'm most worried about is not the work itself, or even the erev/motzei hours - but the general "uptight" vibe I get from the company - plus the cash deposit which is huge for me in my financially-strapped situation.

To the amother in a different work from home position, yes, I would love to know if your company is hiring. How can we contact each other?

amother

Post Tue, Jan 20 2015, 11:03 am
SEND YOUR HUSBAND TO WORK

BSHA TOVA

ms5771

Post Tue, Jan 20 2015, 11:06 am
amother wrote:
OP here. Thanks for all the responses. I'm happy to hear one of you thinks it's a chilled job! My neighbor who does it says the same thing; I guess the thing I'm most worried about is not the work itself, or even the erev/motzei hours - but the general "uptight" vibe I get from the company - plus the cash deposit which is huge for me in my financially-strapped situation.

To the amother in a different work from home position, yes, I would love to know if your company is hiring. How can we contact each other?

I'm signing my name Smile I asked and yes we are still hiring. I'd be happy to give you info, feel free to PM me.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 20 2015, 11:06 am
My husband is studying for something that will enable him to get a job next year IYH. If he absolutely has to he would stop his studies and get a job now but this would slow us down considerably in our life plans and goal of becoming financially stable.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics