Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
16 mth old screeches in bathtub

hi its me

Post Tue, Jan 20 2015, 8:44 pm
My 16 mth old used to love love the bath. Lately she cries hysterically the minute she hears the water run.can she suddenly develops sensory issues to water?

igiveup

Post Tue, Jan 20 2015, 9:50 pm
I had the same thing with my 22 month old! suddenly out of the blue he was terrified of the bath..it was no fun, I went out and bought some fun toys, bubble bath, bath crayons etc..it worked like a charm!

hi its me

Post Tue, Jan 20 2015, 9:59 pm
I have a lot f toys. I tried with my older dd in the tub and without. Both didn't work. Its possible she got scared cause I recently made a bubble bath and she didn't like it

amother

Post Tue, Jan 20 2015, 10:09 pm
Crying in the bath by me usually means either an earache or that last time water splashed in his eyes and he's terrified its gonna happen again.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jan 20 2015, 10:11 pm
Maybe one day the water was a drop too hot or too cold. Even a slight breeze in the room that gave her a chill could set her off. Babies can have amazing memories for things like that.

Have you tried getting into the tub WITH her? Maybe if she were in your arms she might feel safer.

Tzutzie

Post Tue, Jan 20 2015, 10:14 pm
I had that w dd. She was standing and peed in the tub. It freaked her out. She was sooo terrified, she couldnt even cry. Took her out, held her. Changed the water and took off my socks and went in WITH her. Had to do it the next time too. Bh so far so good.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics