Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Help dress me for potential interviews
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 9:41 pm
amother wrote:
I'm not sure if it's professional enough. if it fits the way it does on the model, it isn't. if it's more fitted, like a sleek tunic tied up with a belt, it's the kind of thing I'd probably wear on an interview.

the prices, I know, I know. I only discovered this site after I put together my work wardrobe and while I like their stuff, I can't bring myself to drop the cash on those. however, when I was in the interview phase of work, I did by some nice basics such as a couple of black pencil skirts at full price.

if you feel that it will take too long to order online and then tailor, your best bet is probably a brick and mortar store.

The problem is I'm currently working 50-60 hour weeks and not usually home during normal business hours. I meant to go today but was too hard with my baby. Also, don't have interview set yet so was easier to push off. I have an off day next week though so may actually make myself just do it. I'm really hoping to hear back from one of these places. It's so much more family friendly than my current two jobs.

BrachaBatya

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 9:52 pm
Have you considered a wrap dress? I wear them all the time in a professional setting. They flatter just about every figure and are comfortable, too.

suzyq

Post Thu, Jan 22 2015, 1:08 pm
For an interview, you just need to wear a suit. Dress Barn has a lot of good options. If you're short, make sure to buy petite (they do make them in plus-size also). It makes a huge difference.

Barbara

Post Thu, Jan 22 2015, 1:20 pm
amother wrote:
I'm not sure if it's professional enough. if it fits the way it does on the model, it isn't. if it's more fitted, like a sleek tunic tied up with a belt, it's the kind of thing I'd probably wear on an interview.

the prices, I know, I know. I only discovered this site after I put together my work wardrobe and while I like their stuff, I can't bring myself to drop the cash on those. however, when I was in the interview phase of work, I did by some nice basics such as a couple of black pencil skirts at full price.

if you feel that it will take too long to order online and then tailor, your best bet is probably a brick and mortar store.

Its not.

The material is horizontally ribbed, making it a more casual look. And its tipped in faux leather. Not to mention the side zippers.

But the site does have 40% off today, if you're interested.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics