Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
How many credit cards do you own?
1  2  Next

how many credit cards do you own?
1-3  
 70%  [ 76 ]
4-6  
 12%  [ 14 ]
7-9  
 9%  [ 10 ]
10+  
 7%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 108

amother

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 11:30 am
How many cards do you own and what do you use them for? Do you use separate one for gas, groceries, travel, other purchases?

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 12:37 pm
zero

amother

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 12:48 pm
One. Why should I need two? If I don't have cash on me I'll use the card . Why a second? Another bill to pay? I always wonder why people have so many credit cards. Is it because they want to build their credit value or to get points? Why all the headache? First get me a nice wallet for all those cards.

MagentaYenta

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 12:55 pm
None.

mha3484

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 12:55 pm
One. DH would like a second one to maximize points and promotions but we pay one in full each month why do I need a second bill to remember.

wife2

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 1:00 pm
amother wrote:
One. Why should I need two? If I don't have cash on me I'll use the card . Why a second? Another bill to pay? I always wonder why people have so many credit cards. Is it because they want to build their credit value or to get points? Why all the headache? First get me a nice wallet for all those cards.

I'll tell you why I have more than 1. I use one for gas because we get 5% on gas and groceries.
I also use an AmericanExpress which gives me 2% on everything. Not all places take that, so I have a regular card that gives me 1.5%. So the reason I do it is to get points. It is really not such a big deal to swipe one card instead of another and it does give us more money back that way

rainbow dash

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 3:20 pm
zero

amother

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 3:24 pm
I have three main ones that each have there own purpose. Then I have a bunch of individual store ones that I opened and use because I get discounts in the stores for having them. Each card is paid off in full every month.

sky

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 3:25 pm
2 cards. When we max our cash rewards on one we switch to the other.

KeepCalm

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 3:31 pm
Many. And I'm not out of control.

One is linked to my Canadian account. One is linked to my Israeli account. One has no foreign transactions fees for when I'm traveling (happens often). I have one for Gap because I love them and one for Saks 5th avenue because I got an amazing deal when I signed up. 2 more that I got money back for signing up but have never been used.

I usually only have one bill at a time and pay it in full. They are all linked to my bank accounts and I get reminded on my phone when my bill is due. (I have 5 accounts in different locations)

Some people have their budget down to a science, ya know?

amother

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 3:35 pm
To many to count.

Dh's "second job" is taking care of the cards. We get new cards occasionally like when they offer alot of points for spending. Dh tells me which card to use when. We pay everthing with credit cards, and pay the bills in full. Dh sells the points, which helps us financially.

We both have excellent credit ratings.

yo'ma

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 5:51 pm
Does a debit card count? That's what I have. It's easier than carrying cash. I only use it when I come to the states. At home I use cash.

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 6:12 pm
I think 5 or 6 at this point. It isn't a headache to remember to pay all of them any more than it's a headache to remember to pay one. I take care of all the bills at once, so it's just a matter of signing into each account. Obviously I do it to maximize points/ miles/ rewards/ etc. One is for business use so I can more easily keep track of business related expenses.

greenfire

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 6:26 pm
where is the -0- option

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 7:02 pm
greenfire wrote:
where is the -0- option

Where is the option for " Rolling Laughter What is this 'credit' you speak of?"

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 7:24 pm
I don't have check either. I don't use so why pay lol

greenfire

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 7:31 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Where is the option for " Rolling Laughter What is this 'credit' you speak of?"

Nervous said so poignantly Nervous

real

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 7:39 pm
I have so many it is annoying some times. I refuse to open any more

Bpmom8

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 8:05 pm
1 and rarely use it I mostly use cash checks or debit

amother

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 9:34 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
I think 5 or 6 at this point. It isn't a headache to remember to pay all of them any more than it's a headache to remember to pay one. I take care of all the bills at once, so it's just a matter of signing into each account. Obviously I do it to maximize points/ miles/ rewards/ etc. One is for business use so I can more easily keep track of business related expenses.

same here. Although we are probably closer to 10 cards

I have a cheat sheet in my wallet to tell me which card to use during which quarter.

My dh takes care of the checking (for fraud) and paying.

All CC get paid twice a month, not because we will hit our limit but to make sure we are on top of our finances. (we could really max out all of our cards and skip town and live pretty pretty well off of the money)

we also both have good credit.

also with signing into accounts.....4 of our cards, our bank and mortgage are all with the same people so its one sign in
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics