Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
New Car Lease
1  2  Next

amother

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 10:07 am
How much do you pay per month for your car lease?

What kind of car do you drive?

amother

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 12:50 pm
$700 a month for the lease.
Infiniti SUV, with additional mileage and the technology package.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 12:53 pm
$241 for Honda Accord, leather interior and no money down upfront.

rochelp

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 3:24 pm
Where can you get a lease for no money down?

amother

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 5:34 pm
Of course u can get a lease with no money down - just asked my husband, he's in the business.

(Amother to not out myself)

amother

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 6:34 pm
A lot of leases are no money down. Mine is no money down, $200/mo for a honda civic 10k miles/year. Plaza Auto Leasing in Brooklyn, they deliver to you even if you live outside brooklyn (I am in NJ).

TwinsMommy

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 8:11 pm
$294.34, 2013 Honda Accord, $1000 down.

I drive about 3000 miles a year so I don't know if it's 10K or 12K per year I'm allowed because there's no way I'm going over. We never go on vacation and I use it to get to clients, the grocery store, and the kids' therapy appointments. On a BIG driving day, I drive an hour.

bookworm10

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 8:20 pm
0 money down- but you do have to pay a bank fee and first month- comes out to about 700 dollars. Wheels to Lease, Plaza Auto Leasing, First Class Leasing, and Diamond Auto leasing are all companies that advertise this.

250 for a Town and Country.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 8:23 pm
Mind = blown. I literally bought a used 2005 Honda today for $9000, and its mine forever. Yeah, its old. But like toyota, hondas last for ever. Its got all the current safety features. Ingot anloan from parents and in laws but its All mine. Leases are superb expencive! [b]

TwinsMommy

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 8:30 pm
I've never purchased a used car, except for lease buyouts. I simply couldn't afford a payment over $300 per month. I called about a few used cars without ridiculous mileage and couldn't afford the $500 + payments for a car that would definitely need maintenance. This way I got a cheaper monthly payment and no maintenance (I can afford an oil change--- I can't afford brake work on this car WHILE paying the $300 per month, as we have another car on which we did a lease buyout and it's older so we DO pay maintenance on that one.

It's weird to say I couldn't afford a used car- but I couldn't. I'm not willing to buy an older car with a ton of mileage on it--- then I'm just buying a surprise expensive maintenance issue. The most popular used car sales guy in town scoffed at me when I asked him about the carfax on a specific car--- he said "well it was in a small fender bender, that's all you need to know." gee, thanks. AND a higher payment? bleah.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 22 2015, 4:11 am
TwinsMommy wrote:
I've never purchased a used car, except for lease buyouts. I simply couldn't afford a payment over $300 per month. I called about a few used cars without ridiculous mileage and couldn't afford the $500 + payments for a car that would definitely need maintenance. This way I got a cheaper monthly payment and no maintenance (I can afford an oil change--- I can't afford brake work on this car WHILE paying the $300 per month, as we have another car on which we did a lease buyout and it's older so we DO pay maintenance on that one.

It's weird to say I couldn't afford a used car- but I couldn't. I'm not willing to buy an older car with a ton of mileage on it--- then I'm just buying a surprise expensive maintenance issue. The most popular used car sales guy in town scoffed at me when I asked him about the carfax on a specific car--- he said "well it was in a small fender bender, that's all you need to know." gee, thanks. AND a higher payment? bleah.

Im the amother who just bought the used honda - I have a few questions and comments about your post. Firstly, when you do a lease buy out, are you just taking over someones lease, then when its over you return the car? Or is it yours to keep? Ive never heard of that.
Also, was the "most popular used car guy in town" frum? Sadly, I've found the frum ones to be the worst. When I started looking for a used car, I also went to the most popular (frum) used dealership. He name dropped his yichus ("my great uncle just turned 90." Me - yeah? Mazel tov!" Him "yeah, uncle sonand so shlita". And it was a BIG name). But when I asked for carfax he refused all together! He said he doesnt give out car history bichlal. I had a similR experince with another "most popular used car guy" in Lakewood, but was a bit more nieve at the time and bought a car that I probably shouldnt have. Ill never go to a frum guy again, sadly.

Maya

Post Thu, Jan 22 2015, 4:40 am
amother wrote:
Mind = blown. I literally bought a used 2005 Honda today for $9000, and its mine forever. Yeah, its old. But like toyota, hondas last for ever. Its got all the current safety features. Ingot anloan from parents and in laws but its All mine. Leases are superb expencive! [b]

Talk to me when you start to spend thousands on repairs and maintenance.

We have one old car, a Wrangler, which is really supposed to last forever. We spent about $1,500 the first year on repairs. It'll be more as it gets older. We are also afraid to drive it long distances because the likelihood of it breaking down is greater than a brand new leased car.

Nothing lasts forever.

TwinsMommy

Post Thu, Jan 22 2015, 5:11 am
A lease buy out is when we lease a new car and buy it when the lease is up. We always do that. We get the car when its new and when its used its only been used by us and they want to make it so we have a low enough payment to keep it. No large mileage or maintenance issues. Yup the used car guy is Frum. Sad

gp2.0

Post Thu, Jan 22 2015, 5:47 am
amother wrote:

We thought our toyota would last forever, we got it used and it didn't have major repair costs for 6 years, but around the 12 year mark the engine was garbage and the cost to fix it was more than the whole car was worth.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 22 2015, 6:22 am
gp2.0 wrote:
We thought our toyota would last forever, we got it used and it didn't have major repair costs for 6 years, but around the 12 year mark the engine was garbage and the cost to fix it was more than the whole car was worth.

The same thing happened with our toyota. We had to get rid of it because the engine didn't last past 60k miles. We now lease & have the option of buying the car when the lease is up or leasing another new car.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 22 2015, 7:29 am
Thanks for the replies.

Three years ago we bought a 5 seater, but we have outgrown it. I am 99.9% going to lease bec I can't afford $500-650 payments on a new car. The lease I am looking at is $399 with $4000 down (equity from my current car)

I hope I'm not making a mistake by leasing, and hopefully Im not paying too much.

-OP

ruchelbuckle

Post Thu, Jan 22 2015, 9:58 am
Usually, it is more expensive to lease in the long run.

That being said, one of my friends pointed out that with a lease, your payments are fixed. That's a huge plus if you have a variable income, (or low-income), or you're going through a difficult financial situation, or whatever.

We drive an old car, but BH, if it needs a large repair (it hasn't in a while), we have the cash to take care of it. Not everyone has that "back-up." Since I bought my old car, even with repairs/maintenance/finance charges, I still came out ahead than leasing.

My mother recently leased, and she regrets it-- she's like, "Why did all my friends talk me into this?" Very Happy She graduated high school about 50 years ago, so peer pressure is still going strong!!! LOL!

To the OP-- I am guessing you are looking for a minivan? I saw an ad a while ago for wheels to lease--you could get a Dodge for about $200 a month. maybe call them?

Also, call the dealerships in your neighborhood--my neighbor leases her Sienna directly from the Toyota dealership.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 22 2015, 10:02 am
We are leasing a honda odyssey ex-l for $350/month with $1400 down.

cfriedman2

Post Thu, Jan 22 2015, 10:39 am
twins mommy when you talk about not being able to afford a used car bc of payments that are more than $300 a month why cant you get a car and finance it over the course of 5/6 years and keep your payments at that amount? Maybe you wont get your 2013 accord but you could get one thats a little older but still in good shape. I got a 2012 accord with under 30,000 miles for $15,000 and was paying under $200 a month on my finance. I did put money down but I also only did a 3 year finance option. I could have put a lot less money down (or none) and just did a longer option. A 15,000 used car financed through Penfed at their current rate of 2.99 would cost you $269 a month 5 years and then you own the car. So essentially you would have gotten 1 year older model then you have paid for 2 more years less then what you pay monthly and you would own the car. Maintenance is low and if you are so worried about that you can purchase a warranty that you can add to your finance plan.

I will never understand those who say its more financially sought to lease vs buying a used car

amother

Post Thu, Jan 22 2015, 10:45 am
some people like leasing since they can get a new car every 2,3,4 years
also when taking into account the maintenance on a car older than 5 or so years things can get pricey.
In the first few years you are basically paying for gas an an oil change once in a while
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics