Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Long wig for 500$?
1  2  Next

rivkahb

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 4:09 pm
where can I buy in BK a long black wig more then 20" for 500$ or less?

Sewsew_mom

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 5:11 pm
If u don't find any I have gr8 quality ones 22 inches long dark and sell for $650. I've owned mine for 2 years and still very happy with it.

real

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 7:33 pm
check out this site- they started selling long wigs -European -but dyed-just like shevy for pretty cheap

stores.ebay.com/qualityforless1

Sewsew_mom

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 7:53 pm
real wrote:
check out this site- they started selling long wigs -European -but dyed-just like shevy for pretty cheap

just like shevy? Sounds pretty dumb if u ask me. They will Def not be the same workmanship and same quality and same customer service. I happen not to be fond of shevys but I would certainly not compare some random eBay seller to shevys wigs. European hair had different grades and qualitys. And died hair also all has different grades.

real

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 8:07 pm
I have bought from this seller. the wigs are super soft and I have gotten tons of compliments on them. I know other people who were also happy. there is a return policy so there is really not too much of a loss if you don't like it. you would just lose your shipping- and the seller is really great with returns. I have bought a few wigs and exchanged a few wigs and always had a great experience.

ruchelbuckle

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 8:28 pm
real wrote:

Yeah, what MnM1130 said. While these might be a nice sheitel for the price, I wouldn't want the OP to think that she is getting a great metziah.

Its very possible that these are really great pieces for $450. But I think its misleading to tell someone that it's "just like Shevy"-- unlikely that some random ebay seller is "just happened" to be able to get a 2K product and is offering it for a lot less.

Just as a side note-- a friend who is "in the biz" told me that one of the variables that sets the high end companies (Shevy, Renaissance, Shuly, etc...) apart is like this:

All the companies will get hair from a dealer (who buys the hair from people wherever.... Europe, Brazil, Mongolia, etc). The high end companies (or for their higher end lines) take the hair and go through them one by one. They only take the hairs that have the cuticle intact (what ever that means!). My friend told me that for some of these companies-- they only use about 30% of the hair that's purchased! Then, the hair is sent to a factory in China. Some companies coat EACH.INDIVIDUAL.HAIR with a silicone that prevents it from tangling, getting knotty in your hood, etc...

Also, sometimes the higher end companies will have more quality control in the factory. For example, say Mr. Lee owns a sheitel factory in China. When he is doing a run for a less expensive line, (lets say a line that sells for $6-800), he is supervising and making sure all the hairs are being sewn in correctly.

But lets say that on Tuesday, Mr. Lee is doing a run for Shevy (just an example). On that day, there will be someone else there as well doing more quality control. It might be someone Shevy hires to supervise, or someone from the company might come themselves from the US, and supervise even more. This "mashgiach" is walking around, and doing a much more thorough job of checking than Mr. Lee was doing the day before. He/She is not only checking how the hairs are being sewn in, but checking to see that the caps are being sewn properly, that the bangs are being sewn in right, etc...

So...when people pay for a higher end sheitel, this is part of what they are paying for. It's not just mark-up, and it's not just "hype". So, yes, there is a difference between a $500 sheitel (even if its European hair) and a $1800 sheitel. That doesn't mean that a $500 isn't a good deal-- its just not the same.

Signed, Me, who happily alternates between a high-end sheitel and a low end sheitel.

ruchelbuckle

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 8:33 pm
real wrote:
I have bought from this seller. the wigs are super soft and I have gotten tons of compliments on them. I know other people who were also happy. there is a return policy so there is really not too much of a loss if you don't like it. you would just lose your shipping- and the seller is really great with returns. I have bought a few wigs and exchanged a few wigs and always had a great experience.

Real-- which wigs have you bought from this seller-- European, synthetic, both?,

real

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 9:21 pm
when I said it was like shevy I meant it is European dyed

real

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 9:23 pm
I have bought both synthetic and European from this seller. I have been buying from this person for years. the synthetics are hit or miss- but when I didn't like the wig I was always able to get my money back as long as I returned it within 14 days

real

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 9:23 pm
the Europeans are soo cheap in comparison to other companies that I bought 2 from them- one straight and one curly

real

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 9:26 pm
ruchelbuckel for a third of the price I don't care who is watching the production of the wigs- they look great and give me the same confidence as an overpriced similar wig

ruchelbuckle

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 9:29 pm
real wrote:
ruchelbuckel for a third of the price I don't care who is watching the production of the wigs- they look great and give me the same confidence as an overpriced similar wig

Great! My thoughts exactly! Smile I just wanted to clarify that it's probably not the same quality as something thats being sold for $1500. That doesn't mean it's not good for what it is.

Hashem Yaazor has wig from a different ebay seller that she is happy with. I don't know if she wears it so often, so she might not be the best judge of longevity/how it washes, etc.... OP- you can PM her to ask her about hers.

rachel22

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 9:30 pm
Hi,
U can try Jap Wigs. Not sure of the prices now but I got 2 wigs from them like 6 years ago and very happy with it. ( I also own a shuly wig)

rivkahb

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 9:31 pm
tnx everyone.
dont worry I know the difference between a $500 wig and a $1800 and up.

I want to get a cheap one to cut bangs, cuz I dont want to try it on one of my expensive ones.

real

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 9:34 pm
you are going to buy a $500 wig to practice cutting bangs???? I must have missed something

ruchelbuckle

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 9:34 pm
rivkahb wrote:
tnx everyone.
dont worry I know the difference between a $500 wig and a $1800 and up.

I want to get a cheap one to cut bangs, cuz I dont want to try it on one of my expensive ones.

PM Hashem Yazor about the one she got. It was definetly NOT 20 inches, but that seller probably has your price range or close to it.

real

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 9:36 pm
you are going to buy a $500 wig to practice cutting bangs???? I must have missed something

MamaBear

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 9:39 pm
She wants to try out the style, not try out cutting.

real

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 9:41 pm
got it- I knew something sounded off

rivkahb

Post Wed, Jan 21 2015, 9:42 pm
rachel22 wrote:
Hi,
U can try Jap Wigs. Not sure of the prices now but I got 2 wigs from them like 6 years ago and very happy with it. ( I also own a shuly wig)

I called jap and irine apparently after they made a name for themselfs they raised the prices to $650 and up.
a year ago I could have found a long wig for 350-500$.
not anymore.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels