Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
La kippa magique - So Sad
1  2  Next

Sanguine

Post Thu, Jan 22 2015, 6:17 am
Quote:
The 'Magic Kippah': Is It the Solution for Anti-Semitism?

Shalom Koresh has come up with the magical, invisible kippah, that lets Jews in France walk about without being noticed. Has the solution for anti-Semitic violence been found? A French hairdresser, Shalom “Shuli" Koresh, thinks so.

His Magic Kippah is made of real or synthetic hair – depending on the client's preference – and costs between 49 and 79 euros, depending also on the client's type of hair.

What makes the Magic Kippah so “magical”? Does it fire bullets at attackers or create a defensive force field? Well, not quite. It simply blends in with the wearer's hair, thus making it nearly invisible to people who look at him.

And they can play Dreidel so no one knows they're learning Torah. It's so sad that Jews have to hide in order to stay alive. Thought those days were over

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jan 22 2015, 6:23 am
I saw that too, and I was flabbergasted. Very sad, indeed.

It got me wondering, does this make wearing a toupee kosher? Does it have to be non Indian hair? If Sephardim don't allow sheitels, will they allow this for men?

DH is nearly bald. The mental image of him wearing a full wig is kinda freaking me out right now! Confused

Raisin

Post Thu, Jan 22 2015, 7:34 am
a baseball or other type of cap is cheaper.

monseychick

Post Thu, Jan 22 2015, 9:38 am
Le Chapeaux .... beaucoup plus facile

Sanguine

Post Thu, Jan 22 2015, 9:46 am
monseychick wrote:
The Hats .... much easier (google translate Wink )

But this is nicer. It's like wearing a wig to work so no one knows you're an orthodox Jew, No? Let's you fit in with society

greenfire

Post Thu, Jan 22 2015, 9:57 am
it's easier to wear yellow jude stars & carry uzis ... once you go into hiding they will have won

Ruchel

Post Thu, Jan 22 2015, 10:13 am
I don't get this. This is centuries old, called a toupee. I don't see why everyone is fussing about this so called novelty that no one wears.

As for professionals in various Euro and I'm told Québec jobs they get a heter for bare head, or don a hat or cap or yes, wig.

Sanguine

Post Thu, Jan 22 2015, 10:42 am
Most of us aren't European (our grandparents who escaped the Holocaust were). Obviously Israel isn't a problem but in most American cities, that have many Jews, people wear their Kippa in public.

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Jan 22 2015, 10:44 am
I know a male professional in an American OOT city (not mine) who works in a dangerous area and wears a toupe (with no other headcovering) when working there. At all other times, he wears a yarmulka and/or hat.

Personally, I think that is much better than going bareheaded which I know some working men do (though in many of the cases, I'm sure they did discuss it with daas Torah).

Last edited by OOTBubby on Thu, Jan 22 2015, 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total

DrMom

Post Thu, Jan 22 2015, 10:44 am
Ruchel wrote:
I don't get this. This is centuries old, called a toupee. I don't see why everyone is fussing about this so called novelty that no one wears.

As for professionals in various Euro and I'm told Québec jobs they get a heter for bare head, or don a hat or cap or yes, wig.

People are "fussing" because Jews feel compelled to disguise their Jewishness in order to avoid getting slaughtered in the streets while simply going about their daily business. I think that's worth fussing about.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jan 22 2015, 12:10 pm
Yes, there is a difference between subtle anti-semitism in the workplace (think of all the Jewish hospitals founded chu"l in the mid 1900s) and risk to life.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Jan 22 2015, 12:35 pm
Sanguine wrote:
Most of us aren't European (our grandparents who escaped the Holocaust were). Obviously Israel isn't a problem but in most American cities, that have many Jews, people wear their Kippa in public.

In Europe as a whole also.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Jan 22 2015, 12:37 pm
DrMom wrote:
People are "fussing" because Jews feel compelled to disguise their Jewishness in order to avoid getting slaughtered in the streets while simply going about their daily business. I think that's worth fussing about.

What on Earth? *I* get attacked? Wow, talk about a topsy turvy world.
I'm French, for the record.
And if you read what I wrote and not what you want to read in order to attack, this is nothing new, not any invention from that guy, so no I don't get the novelty of this.
(ftr again even in Paris and Brussels in most times and places of the day you don't "get slaughtered in the streets" any more than, say, in Israel).
Not coming back to check this but wow. Wow.

myself

Post Thu, Jan 22 2015, 12:46 pm
I also thought it was nothing new...

greenhelm

Post Thu, Jan 22 2015, 12:54 pm
Eh - just seems like a sheital for men.

zaq

Post Thu, Jan 22 2015, 7:03 pm
myself wrote:
I also thought it was nothing new...

Using a toupee in lieu of a kippah, or needing to do so in the interest of pikuach nefesh?

zaq

Post Thu, Jan 22 2015, 7:08 pm
I thought the "magic invisible kippah" was a fantasy that made the wearer invisible to others and thus safe from attack of all kinds, anti-Semitic or otherwise. That couldn't work unless it enabled you to fly as well, as invisibility would make you dangerously vulnerable to involuntary vehicular manslaughter and similar accidents.

4everonadiet

Post Thu, Jan 22 2015, 7:29 pm
monseychick wrote:

Hey, tu parle francais?

Fox

Post Thu, Jan 22 2015, 8:02 pm
4everonadiet wrote:
Hey, tu parle francais?

Lol!

Non, non!

Je parle, mais tu parles!

Smile

4everonadiet

Post Thu, Jan 22 2015, 8:05 pm
My grammar is pretty bad. Mais j'adore la langue...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics