Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
SHeiTeL

musicmom

Post Thu, Jan 22 2015, 12:05 pm
Hi Everyone,

Sorry if I am redundant but I still haven't gotten the hang of sheitels. I have bought some pretty horrible/ uncomfortable ones. Finallly, I shaved my hair and everything is much much more comfortable, but the wigs themselves are too big except for one that I bought cheaply off of a friend that was too small. It does not look great but it is lightweight. I don't want to rip it off of my head. I am tired of not looking like myself!

I also took the bones out of the ears. They were really uncomfortable for me! So now I know I am looking for a lightweight long curly sheitel with no bones in the ears. I was curious about featherlite but never got an email response back.

I met a woman who sells amazing curly sheitels that look like my hair but they are very expensive. It would be worth it if it worked out, but I am hesitant to spend so much money when it is not returnable.

She said she would work with me until I am satisfied, but it is a huge trip to New York. Should I wait until the summer when I have time off and can go back and forth more easily?

Her sheitels really did look like my hair but I am also really concerned with comfort, since my old one was so heavy and uncomfortable. I wish there was a three day window or something to be sure the wig was comfortable uncut!

Do you guys go with friends to make sure things are okay?

The last time I bought a sheitel I felt taken advantage of since I was an out of towner. I was given a horrible haircutter who butchered the sheitel while talking about her own poetry writing... Also, it did not lay right on my head, and she said to just blow dry the bump downwards. I do not believe New Yorkers or people with friends who knew what they were doing would put up with this. I have had anxiety for years over this bad experience.

Should I take close friends who know me well or friends who are experienced in buying sheitels? I have a friend who used to wear sheitels who could go with me, or would I be better off taking her sister who knows the sheitel macher? Better with my sister who does not know sheitels, or a friend who wears them?

Should I take my family so the SM can see how important this is to me and why, or leave them home so they don't distract.

Thank you! This is so important to me, that I just put it off and avoid... But I look so sloppy at work, and I just had a baby and have no life besides pumping and work, and I want to be a better example for my kids. Thanks for your advice and imput!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels